22 🗡 Desert Fireballs

Ace and Oreo sat beside each other in the dining table and opposite them were Meili and Lilac. The four continued their conversation about Thorn as they ate their dinner. Apparently, Thorn wrote a long article questioning the witch's background. He also accused DME of fabricating her story and her image for promotion purposes. According to him, Meili's odd way of speaking was just an act and her background of being raised in the mountain was just a way to make her seem interesting. In short, everything about Meili was just a publicity stunt by DME.

"I am so done with his bullshit," Oreo muttered as he furiously typed in his phone to rage in Twitter. "What kind of childhood did this asshole have? Seriously, he doesn't achieve the bare minimum requirement of being human."

"Stop fighting with Thorn and his trolls," Ace advised. "No one can beat them when it comes to being stupid."

"What is the deal with you and Thorn?" Lilac asked Meili. "He seems to be always targeting you."

"He is simply a vile creature who spreads malicious information about me," the witch replied. "I presume this is his way of avenging since he felt wronged when I worked with him."

The heiress pondered for a moment, her eyebrows drawn together in bewilderment. "That's odd. I also worked with him before, but he didn't post anything about me."

"That's because you would send your army of lawyers if he did that," Oreo interjected.

"Of course! Why should I tolerate his nonsense?"

"See?"

"Anyway, is it true that Meili was raised in the mountain?" Lilac asked.

"Yes," Oreo said nonchalantly. "Meili once lived deep in the mountain and her bed was a casket. You had to knock at it in a very specific rhythm at midnight before she would rise."

Meili and Ace continued eating with an impassive expression on their faces while Lilac shot them a bewildered gaze. "Is he always like this?" she asked.

"Yep," Ace replied. "Lying is like his nourishment. It's what's keeping him alive."

"At least my lies are harmless," Oreo countered. "Meili, on the other hand, brings disaster everywhere she goes. And don't be deceived by Ace's good boy image. He's showing early signs of being a serial murderer. He's the type to write a detailed review of a porn movie."

"What is porn?" Meili asked.

Before Ace could cover Oreo's mouth, the latter hastily responded. "Google it!"

"You don't know what porn is, seriously?" Lilac exclaimed disbelievingly as the witch started typing on her phone.

"No. This is the first time I've heard of it."

"Lilac, grab her phone!" Ace yelled as he struggled to get away from Oreo who was preventing him from getting out of his seat.

"Open it, Meili!" Oreo coaxed. "You will see science!"

"No! Lilac grab her phone!"

The heiress looked interchangeably between the two guys and Meili, not knowing what to do. Before she could decide, however, the witch suddenly sprang to her feet, her face devoid of colors. There was a disturbing sound coming from her phone, and the other three instantly knew what it was.

"WHAT IS THIS ATROCITY?" Meili shouted in disgust as she threw her phone on the table. "This man should be skinned alive!" She raised her closed fist and was about to shatter the phone into pieces, but Lilac shrieked and gripped her arm. Oreo and Ace also dashed toward the witch to stop her from breaking her phone with her bare hand.