Anxiety (Tom Holland)

Requested by multi_fandom24: Tom has to go to a movie premiere and he gets really bad anxiety with it. But he takes his best friend, Y/N, as his date, and so she's there for him the whole time. Later on in the night, he realises that he loves her.

I opened my front door, my best friend and love of my life, Tom, smiling at me as he saw me.

"Hey, love." he chuckled as he leant down and hugged me tightly.

"It's been too long, Tommy." I sighed in bliss, my eyes fluttering shut as I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms held my body into his. Tom and I had been best friends for our entire lives, as our mums had been best friends whilst pregnant with us. But as the story always went, I didn't see him as a brother or as a best friend. I saw him as someone who I wanted to spend my life with. Luckily for me, he had never figured out that I felt like that, even when we'd cuddle constantly after his long spells away filming or when we'd hold hands and do couply things together. None of it got through to him. Not that I wanted it to. But now he was back for the first time in a year after having finished filming for the third 'Spider-Man' movie, and I couldn't wait to get my best friend back.

"How was everything? How was filming?" I asked as I moved out of his arms and headed through to the living room. He nodded and shrugged as he followed me through.

"Yeah, it went well. It was really good to see Zendaya and Jacob again, so it was nice all around. What about you? You been up to much in the time that I've been gone?" he chuckled, making me scoff and shake my head as we both sat down on the sofa.

"You're joking, aren't you? I'm not like Haz, I don't have loads of modelling jobs coming in, and I'm really not recognised much for being Tom Holland's best friend." I teased, making him smirk and bite his lip as his hand moved to rest on my thigh.

"Well, how would you feel about getting more recognised? Because I have a proposition for you." He stated. I looked at him.

"Oh, yeah? Shoot." I chuckled. He returned it and bit his lip again as he seemed to study my face.

"I have the 'Cherry' premiere coming up. You of all people know how much I hate premieres, but you calm me down, so it's the perfect solution for you to go with me. I want to take you to the premiere." He nodded. My eyes widened slightly, my heart starting to pound in my chest at his words.

"W-what, like a date?" I gulped. My heart and mind absolutely loved the idea of being Tom's date to the premiere, especially if it would lead to something more permanent between us. Tom's eyes widened slightly.

"Oh, fuck, sorry, n-no, as my best friend. I-I mean, you could be my date if you wanted to be, I guess." He chuckled. My eyes wavered, my heart plummeting to my feet at his words. Wow. I had just been very deeply friend-zoned by the love of my life. And it sucked ass.

"It's okay, Tom, I'll go as your best friend. But yes, I'll go with you. Especially if it'll keep you calm." I chuckled in an attempt to cover up how hurt I was.

"Oh, thank god." He sighed in relief, making me smile at him as he held a hand to his chest. He looked at me.

"It really means a lot that you'll come with me. You're the only one who can really calm me down when I get anxious." He admitted, his thumb soothingly rubbing against my thigh as he looked at me. I bit my lip and returned the gaze, a glimmer in his eyes as he looked at me. Friends didn't look at each other like this.

"Of course, Tommy. You know that I'll always help you. So, yes, I'll go to the premiere with you." I nodded.

"Urgh, I love you." He chuckled, making my eyes widen as he leant in and kissed my cheek. Fuck. This was going to be hard.