SETTE

Suna walking down the full halls was more nerve-racking than he expected it to be

Suna walking down the full halls was more nerve-racking than he expected it to be. His eyes constantly bouncing on and off the passing youths, he found it hard to stop. The struggling boy wanted to relax but his body wanted the opposite.

It was the possibility of seeing his rival in the halls that made him jumpy, the worry of what his body would do at the sight of him, it was fearsome.

"Hey hey." Suna sprang up like a slinky. His eyes darted to the side and landed on his sight-for-sore-eyes best friend, he returned the greeting with an ordinary wave. "God you look awful. Did you stay up late again?"

Suna was offended at the hurtful question. "Do I really look that bad?" The two stared at each other. Sakusa analyzed his best friend with a scrunched nose, he nodded disappointingly.

"What's going on? Are you depressed again because you're not usually this raggedy." Suna nudged him jauntily.

"Nope," Suna looked forward and put his hands in his pockets. "I like someone." He dashed forward and away from his smugly smirking friend with a thick layer of crimson on his face.

The flustered boy could hear his child-hood friend's rushing of steps from behind which caused him to break into laughter. 

"No way. You're joking! You're joking." Sakusa repeated skeptically. He excitedly peppered his sheepish friend with soft punches. "Holy shit, you always find a way to surprise me." Both boys were sensibly feral and because of that the two earned weird stares.

"God.." Suna smirked annoyingly and started walking away from  the conversation. His body heat radiated off his red skin, he felt his blood boiling inside him out of humiliation. The eyes of passing students glued onto him like syrup.

Suna slowly became overwhelmed.

Sakusa soon came up from behind him and continued their conversation where it left off but, Suna wasn't listening, he was in his own world, so embarrassed that he couldn't think straight.

Before the elated germaphobe could come up with another tease, Suna left his side and hurried off into a small closet he walked past. There, he locked the door while Sakusa banged on it confusingly.

Suna smacked a hand over his mouth with wide eyes. His body faded into the darkness of the cramped closet and gasped when he saw a puff of smoke melt into the air next to him.

He immediately searched for the light switch and flicked the one light bulb on. He was face to face with the reason of his heartache, Osamu sat in the corner of the cloudy room with a vape in between his fingers.

The two locked eyes for a second until Osamu tilted his head with a smirk and lazy eyes. "Look what the cat dragged in." Suna's heart flatlined.