•The Fear of the Fearless•

The clock ticked vaguely in the background, his racing heartbeat almost drowning them out. The sweat pooling on his back stick against his shirt, raising the heat that was already bothering him yet Jimin remained still and unfazed. Seated across the bed where his wife lays, Jimin battled with his inner conflict for the past hour. After creating a chaos in the nursery, he realized just how unprepared he is to be a father and the thought itself bares great burden.

He watched in silence as his wife slept peacefully, chest raising and falling rhythmically, breathing softly and body tucked under cozy clouds of blanket. He couldn't bring himself to face her after what he had done, or rather, would've done if it weren't for Jungkook and Taehyung roaring voice that threatened him to stand back. He took off and returned to his wife where he can finally find the tranquility to dissolve his madness.

Killing his own blood would be the last he want to do but somewhere in his head, Jimin knew he was just as capable as tearing the fetus limb to limb if he's triggered. After a long hour of undisturbed and immersing in his head, Jimin made a solid decision to stay away from his son in the absence of Venus. He trusts that only with Venus wide awake, the baby would be safe. He has no idea what will happen next or if he'll be sane enough to hold the baby without it reminding his the near death experience Venus had because of it so it would be best if he keeps the line drawn between him. Jimin didn't discard the fact that he seemed to be having trouble blooming a love for his son and that might be a problem.

The door slide open without Jimin realizing and in came a tall slender figure with hands in his pockets. The figure strolled towards Jimin and stood beside him with eyes staring at the sleeping Venus. "She would furious when she hears about it", Taehyung stated with his deep voice with a small shook of his head. "Wonder if she'd leav-", before Taehyung could finish his sentence, Jimin push himself up and shoved his hands into his pockets too, a habit he picked up recently whenever he's getting agitated or annoyed. "She won't leave", he spoke with confidence yet there was a hint of insecure in the vague crack of his voice. He knew all mothers become beasts when it comes to protecting their children, hopefully Venus doesn't send him to the desert when she hears about it. Hopefully she still loves him.

It occurred to him many times, too many times, that mothers tend or always love their children more than their spouse and Jimin couldn't help but got a little agitated by that particular fact. It made his heart dropped at the thought of sharing Venus with someone even when that someone is his own son. It just rubbed him the wrong way. He tried keeping it deep in his guts but it somehow always itches him whenever he thought of it. Let's just wait for Venus, he reminded himself. He hated feeling this helpless, having absolutely no clue what to do without Venus nagging by his ears.

Will he be breaking their promises? Will his be able to keep his mind straight enough to not land a punch to his son's face? Will he be able to carry this family like he promised to? He knew he can't have this tinge of hatred lingering in the darkest corner of his heart yet he had a hard time erasing it. Should he even be telling Venus about this? Great dilemma is what Jimin was experiencing for the next few hours even when his eyes drooped as he got swayed away by slumber.

The deep slumber was well obtained before Jimin was woken up by the footsteps outside. He stirred a little in his seat, groaning at the mild headache that the restless day had caused, reminding himself that he needed to pop some pills to ease it. However, the thoughts were immediately washed away when he woke up to an empty bed in front of him, void of the presence that he always pampered himself in. 

Anxiety took the form of his racing heart as he sprung out of his seat and rushed towards the hallway, but not finding anyone, not even his right-hand man or his best friend. His legs took him up to the open area of the hospital where he remembered Taehyung and Jungkook hang out with cups of coffees. He ran passed doctors and nurses, knowing well he shouldn't be talking to them without apologizing at first for yelling at them when they were saving his wife. Seems like a long rest was all Jimin needed to clear his disheveled mind.