•Special Chapter - New Year•

The roads were busier today and streets were noisier than usual. Blame the undying celebration of New Year's Eve, a day before the new beginning. Though the hustle and bustle were quite overwhelming, Leon found himself in the midst of it with his tray of mouth-watering delights that he baked for hours to end. Having his two grumpy uncles helped a little since they did most of the complaining and less of baking but having them with him felt rather nicer. Leon spent the evening running around the kitchen, determined to bake 10 trays of macaroons to treat the people for New Year's Eve. He had served the officers, the higher ups and his parents' colleagues but have yet to meet with his parents since they were off to somewhere for important business. Though it wasn't unusually for Leon to celebrate special occasion alone, he would love to spent this end of the year with his parents. He's going to be 15 tomorrow (Korean age system - everyone turns one year older at New Year) and he'll be in the culinary sector in just a new months.

This year had been quite rough for little Leon and he's growing quick and hoped to celebrate such exciting and blessed changed with his parents who had been there for him since forever. Especially his dad. Jimin had changed in all good ways. Leon could still remember the grumpiness of his dad when he was younger. Deep frown, pursed lips, crossed arms and hard glare. He knew his dad wasn't as lovely as he is now. He was known for his intimidation and bone-shivering dominance but Jimin had changed so much and learned to separated his work persona and his responsibilities as a dad. The love he embraced over these past years had been warm and luxurious, one you would cry and laugh in, one you would pray and receive right away and one Leon cherished very much. The hard walls of Jimin's heart cracked and his sharp edges were worn down. Leon thought it had everything to do with his loving mom who was always seen right beside Jimin with bright smile and soft eyes.

Venus was no doubt the light in Jimin's tunnel. Over the years of their marriage, not one day had she failed to make him feel loved and not day went by without her bringing sheer joy to his life. They had their ups and downs but all were cherished and treasured. Their marriage and love brightened everyday and strengthened by the rocky course of their relationship. Their love story didn't start off with a romantic confession in a high school football field but rather a building filled with the living dead as they raced for their lives and yet it didn't stop there. They made it through roads of crossfires, burning villages and rampaged sanctuary. They were alone in this world but together in their own wold. A world of peace, cuddles and love. A world of their own. And from their world, their love created a child.

There were so much to celebrate yet so little time to do so as Leon jogged down the streets with his empty tray. He finally made his last sale and sold all his treats, earning praises but also side eyes at times. His uncles were already waiting way ahead of him, running with their long legs. Apparently, they made a deal with each other to race home and the winner gets to do the countdown shot tonight which involves downing shots of alcohol following the countdown. It brings pride, of course.

Leon wasn't interested in those ridiculous games so he took a leisure stroll back home as he admired the streets from afar. His house was built on a hill that oversees a vast part of Venera city and the scenery was too good to miss out. He smiled softly at the dimming sky as day turned to night and year ending to welcome a new one. A few more hours to go and his parents have yet to be seen. Not much to worry about since Jimin is probably sending out commands to secure the domain in case the civilians decide to have fireworks show tonight and Venus is probably working OT to get her research done etc. So, Leon decided to take his time on the walk while waiting for their return.

The wait wasn't as long as he anticipated when he turned around the corner and found both Maseratis parked in the porch. And he was just in time to see Jimin and Venus greet each other with a kiss. The couple pulled away only to connect their lips again for a second peck while Leon just stood there and wait. Other kids would've gagged on their parents' acts of affection but it warmed Leon's heart when he witnesses them because it portrays a testimony of true love. One he would love to find one day. The couple intertwined their fingers before heading into the house and only then did Leon make his presence known, "tardiness isn't cute. That's what Aunt Jina taught me". The boy skipped towards his parents and threw himself over them, landing in a big hug. The said aunt had been hanging out around quite often after she was transferred to Jungkook as his second commander. The siblings made quite a formidable pair on the field and had proved invincible in their performances. Basically, she's a cool aunt.