•My Son•

The story will now include Leon's perspective as well. (along with Jimin and Venus)

7 years later

The previous rumbling of the black Maserati had been fixed and turned soundless, only vibrated like a submarine underwater. Dad's work, of course. He loved altering the car with his fancy tech. From what Leon had heard from his mom, the Maserati Ghibli was once a simple luxurious sedan but is now a full electronic car with fierce defense system and a built-in bed which got mom blushing and dad smirking when she brought it up. Yeah, he wasn't interested in the extra information. But, Leon liked it. A lot, actually. The sedan had survived years of crisis and was also the very car what drove through the fallen city of late Seoul when the virus first broke out.

His dad just recently made yet another modification too, making it even more soundless than it already was. Now, it only has a soft vibrate of vroom.  His mom just got a new car as well, the one which dad retrieved from his scavenging few months ago. It was a Maserati, of course, model MC20. A super car. Dad did some modification as usual and got it running like a champ in just 2 weeks time which got him a massive kiss from mom, one that Leon was already used to.

It's an understatement to say that this black car was amazing. It was actually a legend. Every time his dad pulls up at his school in it, the entire school would peek out and stare at the vehicle like a pot of gold bars. Not to mention the driver who came with it. Which was also why Leon had specifically instructed his dad to NOT pulled up like that and park at the roadside instead, making Jimin laugh and nod.

With the late schooling system in the history, the human race had came up with their new system which didn't involve schooling according to the usual age system as it took too much time to shape a person to maximize their contribution to their critical and dystopian world right now. The remaining domains had agreed to grow their generations in the more innovative and effective way by using the Specialization System where an individual is only obligated to study, train and work in their strongest suit in order to utilize their labor force to its full potential.

While majority of Venera's current youngest generation specialized in hunting or defense, the 14 year old Park Leon here was recruited in the culinary field when he was just 6 where his baking skill outshine his older peers. He loved cooking. Absolutely obsessed with it. It wasn't currently a highly demanded labor in the market, it used to be though but nowadays everyone could learn it from YouTube; an app that was recently recovered by the computer scientists and managed to retrieve millions of information from the previous human civilization. While books were mostly gone, the cloud had stored their valuable data.

He didn't know why he developed such unique talent and interest, neither did his parents, but Leon had a burning passion for culinary arts and often found himself in the kitchen making meals for his parents after their long and tiring work. One of his favorite hobby was to bake deserts with his mom while his dad watched sports on tv with his uncles.

Gosh, those three men were loud and messy when they're together. Uncle Tae just got married to a beautiful botanist while Uncle JK......well he's Uncle JK so don't expect too much romance from that bad boy.

Leon tapped on his foot as he tried to steady a tray of freshly baked funfetti cupcakes, the ones his parents loved. Well, mostly mom but still. He was excited to feed his parents sweet treats and was starting to get anxious for his dad's arrival to pick him up. His exciting anticipation was short-lived when he sensed someone approaching him from the side which he doesn't get often and most of the time it involves either bully or violence. "Hey fish bone!", a boy called out and followed by a few other laughter. Leon closed his eyes in irritation and pursed his lips. Great way to ruin his almost perfect day.