Chapter 17- Discovery

Bunmi left the hut looking distraught with tears streaming down her eyes as she headed straight for the car.

"The man she married had a charm. What did the charm do?, What type of person was Damola before he married her?, Was she under his spell too?"

So many questions were bouncing around in her head, none of which she knew the answers to. She felt as though she was stuck in a maze and there was no way out, not until the old man. Now, her and her husband stood a chance against the person behind this.

The sound of Habiba clearing her throat dragged her out of her little bubble.

"Bunmi less than two months into this marriage and these types of things are happening. You could not even open your mouth and talk to me," Habiba accused.

"Habiba it's not that easy!," Bunmi defended wiping away her tears.

"I was embarrassed, scared and angry at myself. I still find it hard to voice out my emotions but I promise to explain everything to you when I'm ready," she added before entering the car.

The trip back to Bunmi's house seemed longer, all thanks to the chilling silence that enveloped them. Habiba had drifted into a light slumber leaving Bunmi alone with her thoughts.

"Ma, we are here," Donald the driver said making Habiba jolt from her sleep.

"Oh okay," Bunmi muttered before opening her door and exiting the vehicle.

"Wait!," Habiba called out as she took hold of her best friend's hand.

"Trust me, everything is going to be all right. We will get through this together," she whispered giving it a tight squeeze.

Bunmi gave a nod before retracting her hand and proceeding to enter the house.

"Sarah!," she called out thrice, enough for the petite girl to come running not too long after, almost tripping in the process.

"Ma!," she responded.

"Get me a cup of water and some Panadol please," Bunmi said feebly.

"I can't face this man today or else all hell will break loose in this house. I'll just crash in the guest room," she thought.

Sarah nodded before turning to fetch the drug. She brought back a tray contain the items Bunmi asked for and gently placed it on the table in front of her.

"Thank you. Go and fix the guest room," Bunmi instructed once more.

"Okay Ma," Sarah responded before running hurriedly towards the room.

"Ah!..Madam left Oga for hospital, now she talk say she wan sleep for visitor room. Wahala dey o! She never even look hin side!," Sarah stated thinking out loud.

"Hmm make I do this thing sharp sharp before she go con vex on top my head!," she mumbled.

Meanwhile upstairs, Damola had just gotten out of the shower. He spent hours in there reminiscing the memories of the hospital. One thing he would give anything up for, was the sleep. He had not slept that well in a very long time and truly, he felt like he earned it because the problems he was being forced to tackle were no child's play.

He needed to go and visit his hotels but knowing Bunmi, she would not allow him. Speaking of his love, he hadn't seen her since they came back from the hospital. She had been behaving distant but it was probably because she was worried about him. Bless her soul, she had tried so much for him and he couldn't help but think, "Did he really deserve her after all the bad things he had done in the past especially some of which he was still being hunted for."