Chapter 4- The journey

Disclaimer ⚠️
This chapter contains scenes of abortion. Reader discretion is advised.

Damola had continued on with his quest for the holy grail; which for him was the money.
A year had passed and he was still not finished.
He had gotten all types of jobs and had enough money to sustain himself. He was a bartender, waiter, gateman, dishwasher; everything you could think of.

This mission had put him in so many compromising situations. It was the reason he had to leave Hani; a lovely town that treated him well. He had changed his name this time around to Mark and made rounds as the ladies man with his interest being teenage girls.

It did not take Damola long to find Hani All Girls' Capital School upon arrival to the town. He would always go during breaks and woo the girls by buying them things. Through that method his mission went by faster. He could have finished it too if not for that flimsy Ajoke and her mother.

He had taken Ajoke to his one bedroom apartment one day and she came across his bag. She started asking questions and he said he would kill her if she told anyone. She agreed to keep quiet but had asked him skillfully if he had hers and he said it was his most prized possession. That was his number one mistake. She told him she would keep quiet but went home and told her mother.

Her mother was furious that night and planned to deal with him. His friend Adam was Ajoke's gate man. He ran all the way to Damola's flat to alert him that policemen were coming to search his house and arrest him because of what Ajoke told her mother.

The more was no time to waste as he quickly cleared the whole apartment and was on the first bus out of the village narrowly missing them.

It took him two nights before he reached Kowo, a village towards the east of Hani. He was lucky to have befriended Oluwatosin; the daughter of a Chief there. They had taken him with open arms not knowing the danger that came along with him wherever he went.

He had introduced himself as David Fayemi, the good boy this time. He pretended to be in love with her and one thing led to another. He even promised to marry her but her parents were against it saying they needed to know about his background first. He kept deceiving her while adding more items to his holy grail list. He had just a few more to go before he would disappear without a trace once more.

Everything was going well until Oluwatosin
told him she was pregnant. Damola could not have bargained for a baby mama in a million years. He was not ready to be a father especially not on the course of fulfilling his destiny and he did not want the news spreading. He told her to terminate the pregnancy outrightly but she refused.

It was then that he realised that he had to take the tougher route. He had organized with a quack doctor; Januwo to kidnap her and evacuate the baby discretely.

On that fateful day, he had told Oluwatosin and her parents that he was going on a trip with the excuse of visiting his sick mother. He never came back from that trip. In his head, that chapter of his life was closed and he was never going back.

Unknowing to him, Oluwatosin's mother had heard the news from her friend, Mama Kaltumi.

She was sitting in the parlor on a hot Monday afternoon when Mama Kaltumi rushed into the house panting as if someone had chased her.

"Mummy Tosin I just saw some boys taking your daughter inside Januwo's house. I ran here to tell you. I have a bad feeling about this"

"Ahhh not my Tosin. It cannot be"

"Wallahi it was her wasn't she wearing a blue floral dress and her braids have pink highlights"

"Yes that is her. What business does my daughter have Januwo the quack doctor," she thought.