Chapter 29- Being Normal

The following morning, Bunmi woke up to the smell of sunny side-up eggs assaulting her nostrils.

She was not complaining so long whoever was cooking was going to let her have a taste.
She fluttered her eye lids to find a tray on the bedside table, right next to her face.

"Yes! I knew it would work," Damola celebrated with a victory dance.

Bunmi laughed.

"You never seize to surprise me Damola Akanbi," she whispered in her morning voice.

"I need to freshen up give me a few seconds," she said before heading for the bathroom.

"Okay," he answered before making himself comfortable on the other side of the bed and playing candy crush to while away time. He was not even done with his level when she came out.

She dramatically jumped on the bed and went for her food, devouring it in no time.

Damola watched her like a hawk. He couldn't understand how someone could wake up and still look flawless.

"I know I'm a foodie but what's with the look you're creeping me out o!"

"I'm sorry. I just can't believe I get to wake up to this face for the rest of my life. Am I not the luckiest man in the world"

"Oh please Damola! First the food and now this. Tell me, what do you want?!" She questioned jabbing a finger in his chest.

"What makes you think I want anything?," The billionaire answered pretending to be oblivious.

"Oh because I know you!"

"I don't want anything but your love," He confessed.

Bunmi stared at him with her fork midway before breaking into fits of laughter.

"You can say that to a babe on the steeet but not me! I don't believe you. Tell me what you want or I'm not finishing this food," She stated matter-of-factly before placing her fork on the side of the tray.

"Fine! I guess it's time to come clean then. I want us to do something today," He exclaimed.

"Something like what?"

"Anything. Its your call! We could watch a movie, have a picnic, go horse back riding, anything really"

"Really? My call..." She drawled.

"Yes now"

"But why"

"Why what"

"Why do you want to go on a date"

"Just like that. Don't think about it too much my love. I feel like planning for Tosin yesterday stressed you out a bit and I dropped some major bombs. I just want to do something to make you happy. That's all," he admitted raising his hands up as if to surrender.

Bunmi looked at him with a stern look to see whether he was just pulling her leg but there was no sign of deceit in his eyes and so she had no other choice but to give in.

"Okay how about we go to and watch the new John Wick movie."

"But why John Wick? I thought you were never his fan"

"You've been wanting to see this new Chaoter 4 or something and people have been hyping it online. So I want to see what all the hype is about"

"But I don't think you'll be able to understand it without watching all the rest."

"Okay fine then. Maybe I'll watch the rest before we go"