Chapter 6- Deadly meeting

At the hotel,

Damola arrived at the Gilantro Motel around dusk. Dazzled by the magnificence of the hotel from the exquisite exterior to the astonishing interior, the young man quickly made his way to the reception to book a room.

He was greeted by a dark-skinned petite lady dressed in a chiffon red blouse and pencil knee-length skirt.

"She's fine," he thought.

Relying majorly on his ability to charm, he swayed the lady and successfully convinced her that his card was down so he couldn't pay now but later on. She ended up booking a room and expertly slid the key card to room 39 towards him with a smile.

He accepted it graciously, thanked her and went straight to his room. It was upon arrival that it dawned on him how stressed he was because he could hardly keep his eyes open. Opting for a shower first, he hurriedly took one, got ready for bed and was out like a generator without fuel.

The morning came by pretty quickly and Damola could have sworn he slept for barely two hours if not for the wall clock in the room trying to convince I'm otherwise. He grumbled as he made his way to the bathroom to freshen up after which he ordered room service.

"I could definitely get used to this," he thought as he devoured the full plate of English breakfast. He finished his food and topped it off with a glass of orange juice before moving to the next mission which was operating his new phone.

Damola tried to get it to work but to no avail. He was getting frustrated and that was never a good sign. Putting his pride aside, he decided to go down to the reception and ask for help.

Taking the elevator, he descended to the first floor and just as the doors opened, he came eye to eye with the beautiful receptionist that attended to him the night before.

"Excuse me, I don't think we have met officially. My name is Damola and what's yours baby girl?," He said straight from the charisma catalogue.

"He had to live up to his rich boy persona," he reasoned.

Damola noticed the widespread smile on her face, he could have sworn she was blushing.
"My name is Rachel. How may I help you?," she asked trying desperately to sound professional.

"I got this new phone and I'm having issues setting it up. If you don't mind can you please help me out."

"Sure but not now unfortunately. I can help after my shift ends though, at exactly 5:00 pm. Do you have a SIM card?," she questions.

"That's nice and no, I don't have one. Do you know where I can get one"

"Yes, there is a place nearby. Don't worry I will help you get it"

"That would be lovely. Could you bring it up to my room then"

"Okay," she said, turning into a darker shade of red.

Damola had other plans besides setting up his phone but all that would come to light sooner than later. He went back to his room, a fairly large room with sliding doors leading to the adjoining parlor. It held a beige and white theme that screamed luxury as one walked through the door. He pondered on how he was going to while away time. He did not have friends there anymore so he had no one to visit.

"Ajala!," His brain buzzed.

He had not seen his old friend in so long.  He wanted to go and see him but the only problem was that he could not go out looking like himself.

Damola had changed quite a lot but he could not take the chance of people recognizing him, not yet anyway.

He needed to form a disguise. He grabbed a massive black turtle neck sweater that covered up to his mouth and paired it with a face cap and shades. He swiftly changed into his outfit and was on his way to meet Ajala.