02

The hues of the sky mingled beautifully with the dawn. The Sun was teasing the clouds with playing hide and seek. The coquettish wind was so seductive that nothing could ruin its charms.

"CURSE YOU ALL! FUCKSHITS!"

"He's lively." Xiao Zhan greeted Caihong with his twinkle smile.

At least they had Xiao Zhan by their side to liven up their days.

"Poor An Bai, she's in charge of him." Caihong sighed, feeling for her friend. An Bai – the nurse – was responsible for massaging his legs, bringing his food and making sure he took his medicine. How much she actually succeeded? Nobody wanted to point out.

"Would you mind, if I look after him?" Xiao Zhan requested.

"But Zhan...you can't come everyday."

"I know, I will manage somehow."

"Are you sure? Your deadline is pretty close by."

"No worries, Caihong. If I can't manage, I will inform you beforehand." Xiao Zhan reassured.

"Okay. But don't force yourself too much. Its not an obligation for you."

"I know. Thank you." Xiao Zhan said and went to that room again. If he had to be honest, he didn't want to go there and hear all the insults. But at the same time, he didn't want somebody else to hear them as well. It's rather him than anybody else. It's the least he could do to pay them back for their kindness.

He knocked the door and knowing he would not receive any permission, he stepped inside.

"Hello – mph!!!"

A pillow landed on his face.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BACK?! GO BACK INTO YOUR SEWER!!"

Good thing, it was just a pillow.

"If only I were a ninja turtle." Xiao Zhan said and went back to the chair. This time he picked 'The Silent Cry' by Kenzaburo Oe.

He's gonna do this every day?

The youngster was baffled. They never sent the same person twice. Except An Bai; who had no other choice.

Let's see how long he stays.

And the youngster opened his unfiltered mouth. He started small as a warm up and by the time he used big maligning words, he had already included the great grandparents. He truly outdone himself. Even he himself had no idea, he could construct such calumniating words.

Yet this Xiao Zhan person seemed not to care. He threw his pillows and now he was lying uncomfortably on the bed while sending daggers at the ceiling.

That didn't work.

Just like yesterday, after many hours had passed the youngster finally got tired and gave up. The sound of the flipping of the pages were all they could hear. It was peaceful to say the least.

His mind began to wander, back to the time where he was moving happily. He could feel the wind, soaring through his hair. His friends were there too, smiling with him, or were they really?

'We'd make it till the end.'

No, it wasn't here to begin with.

'We got your back buddy.'

After all, his father bought their friendship for him.

And when their loyalty was in question, they took advantage of his misery and left him strangled in the cold icy place. No, they created the misery for him.