06

The Next Day

His eyes had been fixed, gawking at the door. The clock was ticking as a reminder of fleeting time. And yet that person – he still hasn't arrived.

Wang Yibo appeared to be in control but his mind was banging alarms. He felt so stupid for kissing the elder like that.

Consent dummy! Consent!

He ought to be a gentleman, but he let his emotions got the best of him.

Zhan-ge is right, I really am a kid.

He couldn't sleep at all. Half of the time, he was contemplating how to apologize to the elder while the other half of the time, he was squealing like a fangirl; who had actually kissed his crush.

It was a tough inner war.

Nonetheless, Wang Yibo was determined to fix everything and apologize to the elder. He would give him time and not rush him. Once he's healed properly, he would confess again and accept whatever response the elder give.

Above all else, he didn't want to lose a genuine person like Xiao Zhan.

If the door could speak, it would surely ask for mercy. That's how intensely Wang Yibo was staring. Wang Yibo was almost losing patience until he heard the door knock.

He quickly prepared his grumpy expression; he wanted to act casual for the sake of his heart and scold Xiao Zhan for coming so late. Bicker like they usual do. And when the door opened, his fake expression turned into a genuine one.

"Ah! Wang Yibo, I bought your food." An Bai said entering the door. Even though Wang Yibo wasn't as fierce as he used to, she was still little afraid of him. Everyone knew that Wang Yibo without Xiao Zhan was just a feral panther.

"Where is he?" Wang Yibo asked wasting no time.

"Who? Xiao Zhan?" An Bai placed the mini table on the bed and served him food. It was best if she left quickly before the panther got angry.

"He's only a volunteer. He can't come every day." An Bai stated the obvious.

"Tch. Then why did he volunteer in the first place?" Wang Yibo gritted his teeth. So, he can't see Xiao Zhan all day today?

"Volunteers only come on Weekends. But he especially requested to come everyday for you." An Bai revealed. She made sure to place his tablets near the table and sprinted to the door.

Everyday? For me?

"When will he come back?" Wang Yibo asked before she could escape.

"He had been coming here constantly for over a month. I'm sure his work must've piled up too much."

"..."

"Anyways if you need anything just ring the bell." An Bai said and left the room.

A cluster of thoughts appeared in his head. He really thought that Xiao Zhan was volunteering because he had too much free time, but it never even occurred to him that the elder might have a real job.

What kind of job would allow them to take leave for a month? What did he even do?

A strike of realization made him conscious that he knew nothing about the elder.

And yet he claimed to love him?

"I need to apologize." Wang Yibo said with the gloomy cloud over his head. No wonder the elder didn't take his confession seriously. He silently ate the tasteless meal.

. . .

Despite the advanced equipment in the rehabilitation center for support, all Wang Yibo could do most was to stand on his feet.