04

"Hey doc."

"I'm not a doctor Yibo. I am only a volunteer." Xiao Zhan corrected. He was serving the food for the two. Another development, that Yibo now wouldn't mind if they eat together. Xiao Zhan couldn't be more thrilled.

"Same thing."

"Yeah, is something bothering you?" Xiao Zhan cautiously asked and seated close to Yibo.

"How long will I stay here?"

Xiao Zhan took a gander at him. He appeared to be indifferent but Xiao Zhan could tell, that he braced himself to say this much.

So, he gave him the answer fairly, "I don't know. You tell me, Yibo. How long do you want to stay here?"

How long would will you keep telling yourself that you can't do it? How long could you stay away from the things you love? Would you throw away your life just because it was unfair? Or would you fight back and take charge?

Xiao Zhan was not the one with the answers. He never was and he would never be.

Wang Yibo looked at the elder. His eyes were full of doubts, uncertainty – hesitating even. But he still whispered,

"One month..." I wish to go back.

To go back home. To the zeal of music. To the pulse of each beat. Every fiber of his being thumped with fervor and he wanted to stand up and dance to each moves, just like he used to before. Just like he was meant to do.

The curves of his lip turned slightly up, the tender smile reassured,

"One month it is then."

The keys to all the locks are in your heart, only in the misery, comes a new start.

. . .

Something was definitely up. Wang Yibo could. Whenever Xiao Zhan carried that playful grin, Wang Yibo knew, he was going to do something eccentric.

"...What is this?" The bewildered kitten asked. Having been handed this object.

"It's mirror." Xiao Zhan answered, still with that jolly smile.

"I can see it's a mirror. I meant what's it for?" The annoyed kitten demanded.

What exactly the elder was planning?

When Wang Yibo told him, he wanted to get better, he expected a rigorous foot training waiting ahead but this...he couldn't make sense of what the other was trying to do.

Xiao Zhan giggled and sat right in front of him. That mischievous smile meant trouble. Wang Yibo could feel it coming.

"It's pretty simple, all you have to do is, look straight into the mirror and say 'I love you.'"

"..."

"Come on."

He finally lost it, hasn't he?

"There's no way in hell I'm doing that." Wang Yibo announced, making his attentions very clear.

"I knew you would say that." Xiao Zhan chuckled and went to his seat to read a book.

"..." Weren't they supposed to watch more videos?

Wang Yibo observed the elder. He didn't appear to be in a bad mood or anything. Will he not eat with me today?

Seeing that the elder had no intention of granting him attention. Wang Yibo could only bring his focus to the object at hand.

He just has to say 'I love you' to himself. How hard could it be?