07

"Good Morning Everyone!"

His gleeful voice greeted the members. Having not seen him for some days, they all rushed to him with smile.

"I bought Muffins today, An Bai would you mind distributing it to everyone?" Xiao Zhan handed her the boxes of desert, he personally baked and went to greet Fu Yao.

"Zhan-gege! You're back! I missed you so much." The little dandelion embraced his long legs and squeezed them tight.

"I missed you too. How's Mr. Dingle Peach?" Xiao Zhan greeted with his cheery smile.

"Oh, he's been behaving strange lately." Fu Yao said, pulling Xiao Zhan to her tea table.

"Is that so? Maybe we should cut down on his sugar?"

"Good Idea!" And the two laughed while Mr. Dingle Peach could only accept his fate.

. . .

"How's Yibo? Has he been eating well?" Xiao Zhan went to Caihong and registered his presence.

"You're still worrying about him Xiao Zhan? What about your exhibition?" Caihong asked in concern.

Xiao Zhan only smiled in return and went to the room where munchkin was held.

Just act normal. Just act normal.

Xiao Zhan braced his heart an knocked the door. As usual there was no response and Xiao Zhan stepped in.

"..."

"..."

Well, this is awkward.

Wang Yibo was standing with clutches, half naked.

"Y-Yibo what are you doing?" Xiao Zhan quickly waved away his hesitation and rushed to aid the youngster.

"Can't you see, I'm trying to walk?"

Good. He's back to normal.

"Yibo, you know it's dangerous to do this on your own. You could get more hurt?" Xiao Zhan quickly pulled his arm over his shoulder and guided him back to the bed. Wang Yibo only stared at him. Not saying anything further.

"Why aren't you wearing your shirt?" Xiao Zhan asked, his cheeks may or may not have been slightly red.

"It's too hot."

"Do you want me to open the window? I promise I will close it this time." Xiao Zhan reached towards the window.

"Mn."

The awkward silence again.

"I see, you've improved a lot. I'm so proud." Xiao Zhan said happily.

Wang Yibo lowered his head but didn't say anything. With prolonged silence the awkwardness only prevailed.

"I brought muffins today. Would you like some?" Xiao Zhan was trying his best to be casual. But Wang Yibo wasn't cooperating.

"Don't you have something else to say?" Wang Yibo asked, still looking down.

Something else to say? He's not talking about the confession, is he?

Xiao Zhan spent many hours figuring out how to avoid that situation but there he was, demanding the answers straightforwardly.

"What could I have to say?" Xiao Zhan feigned ignorance.

Wang Yibo looked up, his eyes almost glaring.

Eek

Think Xiao Zhan, Think.

"Your exhibition."

Huh?

"You lost your exhibition." Wang Yibo confessed with his pained voice.

Where did he hear that from?

"Yibo, are you worried about that?" Xiao Zhan went back to the bed and sat right in front of him.

"Y-you have a penalty fee too." Wang Yibo had been feeling so guilty that he went as far as to call his mother. Surely she would know what to do, right?

"Yibo, ah Yibo. It's just a penalty, not the end of the world." Xiao Zhan comforted.

"But –" Wang Yibo looked up, his eyes glistened with newly formed tears.

He was worried about me, silly kitten.

"There would be more opportunities in the future. I may have lost the solo show but I have group exhibition coming too. Don't worry about me, I have money to support myself." Xiao Zhan patted his head, he comforted his guilty heart.

How could he expect to fall for him deeper?

His eyes overflowed with mish mash of every emotions and confessed,

"Zhan-ge, I really love you."

Xiao Zhan halted his movements and retrieved his hand.

How could he ignore such a direct confession?

He looked down, biting his lips, right now, he had no answer to give.

"Zhan-ge you don't have to give me any answer. I just wanted to let you know that I really have fallen for you. If it trouble you, you can pretend you didn't hear it, okay ." Wang Yibo said wiping his tears. He had already troubled Xiao Zhan with so much, he wouldn't burden him with his feelings.

"Thank you, Yibo." Xiao Zhan could only smile.

. . .

In the afternoon of another day, the tea was growing cold; neglected on the table. A beautiful woman with ash brown locks was seated elegantly. Her aura was majestic and calm.

"You want me to buy some paintings?" She asked serenely.

"Yes! You do collect some, don't you?" Wang Yibo urged. He had seen many artworks in their hallways.

"That is true but it has to be something that satisfy my taste." She answered in composure.

Wang Yibo didn't know what kind of paintings Xiao Zhan made, the only witness he has is the blotch of red color on his skin. He didn't even know his artist name.

How could he convince his mother like that?

"If you don't like it, I can purchase it too, can't I?" Wang Yibo tried his luck. He wouldn't be getting any money for sure though.

"And here I thought, my son called me because he was finally ready to talk. It appears it is for the sake of someone else."

She hit the nail right on the head. Wang Yibo was the one who shut them out and threated to kill himself if they so much so glanced at him. And here he was, shamelessly asking for a favor.

"Mother...I'm sorry."

She took a gander at him. From what the Director of the rehabilitation center informed, he really had made a lot of progress. It would be a matter of time when he could return back to his normal life.

"Very well, I will purchase the paintings, but you have to do something in return?"

"Anything! I would do anything!" Wang Yibo declared.

She had never seen her son such passionate about someone. She had to make sure, if that person was taking advantage him or not.

"All you have to do is quit dance for good."

She put a prince on his heart.

- - -

Sorry for errors and thank you for reading.