03

It was a quiet morning in the bustling town. Everyone doing their jobs, calmly. What a peaceful day.

Wait, that's not right.

Since the arrival of munchkin, it's not supposed to be peaceful. Then why was the little kitten not roaring today?

Did they send him to the main branch?

He was louder than usual yesterday but they wouldn't transfer him to the main branch without informing him right? He came to the rehabilitation center instead of doing his actual job. It would be a day at loss if that were the case.

"Xiao Zhan." Caihong called for his attention. Xiao Zhan was still pondering over the silence when she added, "What miracle did you do?

"Pardon?"

"He hasn't yelled at a single person today." Caihong reported with a thankful expression.

He's still here.

Xiao Zhan was relieved for some reason. Since, he didn't yell at anything or caused any ruckus, the mood around was naturally cheerful.

Although Caihong agreed that his foul mouth made many other patients eager enough to recover quickly. They didn't want to listen to his expressive vocabulary every morning.

"He doesn't have fever or anything right?" Xiao Zhan asked. Yesterday, he had brutally lashed out. But it gave Xiao Zhan an idea of might he be coming from. Previously, he didn't ask Caihong for his information.

Nor was he allowed to have any personal information regarding patients. He wasn't a worker there. Nor had he any degree of such profession. Since he was volunteer, he would normally spend time with the children, like Fu Yao there. Or often time, he would indulge with elders.

He was there to ease the mood. Lift there spirits and bring smiles on their faces.

He never did anything, he wasn't confident in.

When Caihong told him about the youngster's age, Xiao Zhan really saw him as a kid.

17 years is still young. And he reached out precisely because he thought of the teenager as a kid. But later discovering his rich sense of hilarity. Xiao Zhan couldn't leave him alone with the other staff members.

So, he requested to help a little more. However he could. He just prayed everyday, that he won't hurt the younger in the process.

And that worried him.

"Oh no, he doesn't. An Bai takes his temperature every morning." Caihong assured.

"That's a relief then." Xiao Zhan said. There was no point in guessing his sudden behavior, it was best to go look instead. So, Xiao Zhan headed towards grumpy cat.

He hasn't curse at a single person? Is it a progress? Or did I really hurt him yesterday?

Xiao Zhan put aside his thoughts and knocked at the door as formality, he prepared himself to greet.

"Hello –"

"I HATE YOU!!"

"..." its progress, right?

Xiao Zhan heard those words but of course, he didn't have to accept them. Because, it was his choice to own them or not. And he chose not to. Same could be said for the teenager.

"Yes, yes, you have the choice to like or dislike things." Xiao Zhan went to his usual spot. It's better to curse just one person than the whole staff. He can take it.

"The day before you took my meal and yesterday you didn't even give me any?! You really are a monster!" the hungry kitten growled.

Uh oh! I forgot.