//Chapter 8//

**HERE I FINALLY PRESENT THE CHAPTERRRR**
**PLEASE DO COMMENT YOUR VIEWS**

Soft wind hit his face lightly, and he very gently let out a sigh. Aniruddha was feeling so suffocated that he went to the terrace for a fresh joint of air but it wasn't doing any good. The myriad of emotions weren't letting him breathe. He felt as if the wide expanse of sea was sucking him in. He wanted to throw his hands and legs out, wanted to shout for help but was he deserving enough for that help? Did he need any help? Bondita was always there to guide him in his tough times, but for the very first time he wanted to run away from Bondita. Suddenly facing her was a task, he wasn't ready for? Will he ever be? Another sigh left his mouth. And the cherry on the top was this new question hanging. Did he love Bondita? What is love anyway? Friendship? Care? Respect? Trust? Didn't they have all of these? Yeah, trust was dwindling a little right now but in general they have trusted each other blindly. So they kind of tick all the boxes, so can he say this is love?

"Ughhh" Aniruddha groaned frustratingly. A mere dhai akshar ka shabd prem has been messing up with his head since last so many hours. Moreover, what is wrong with baba? What was the need to ask such a question? Zindagi me vaise hi kam dikkatein thodi hai. 

The rustling sound around the corner caught his attention and when he went to peek a little, he saw baba taking in a drag of cigar. Baba smokes? Wow! He didn't know that. He tiptoed towards him like a small kid trying to escape with a cookie in his hand. He very simply stood beside him and cleared his throat, startling Binoy. 

"Aniruddha! Kya kar rahe ho? Hame to dara hi diya tumne. Aisa bhala koi kart hai kya? Bachpan chala gya par bachpana abhi bhi hai." Binoy said with a loud voice but still it didn't do a bit of threatening. Seems like baba wants to keep his facade intact. Adding to that Aniruddha observed Binoy did not remove that cigar and continued taking drags, completely understanding it was a daily act. 

The next silence that took place made Aniruddha realize a song being played in the background. "Jeevan ka matlab to, Aana aur jaana hai. Do pal ke jeevan se, Ek umar churani hai. Zindagi aur kuchh bhi nahi. Teri meri kahani hai." Deep.

"Aap itni raat ko chatt pe kya kar rhe hai? Aur aapne cigar peena kabse chalu kiya?" Aniruddha questioned. 

"Ye baat to mujhe tumse poochni chahiye ki tum chatt pe kya kar rhe ho? Kyunki jaha tak mujhe yaad hai us raat ke baad tum kabhi bhi yaha nhi aaye. 7 saal ho gye na? To aaj aisa kya hua jo Aniruddha Roy Chaudhary ko haveli ke is kone me le aaya?" Binoy asked taking another puff. 

"Baba..." Aniruddha started to say something. He knew which night he was talking about. The night when he decorated this whole place for someone who was least deserving of all his attention. Saudamini. Now just the mere mention of her name brings all flavor of bitterness in his mouth. However, shaking  his head asked "aap cigar kabse pee rahe hai? Aapko pata hai na ye sehat ke liye theek nhi." 

"Sehat ke liye to bohot kuch theek nhi hota beta par zindagi me tab bhi hum vo sab karte hai. Hai ki nhi?" Binoy asked eyeing Aniruddha. A sarcastic laugh left his mouth and he again looked at the sky, cigar making his way towards his lips. 

Aniruddha hastily snatched the cigar and threw it away. 

Binoy chuckled. He turned around, kept his elbow on the railing and leaned back. He eyed Aniruddha silently, and finally turning sober and serious told "Tumhari maa ki yaad aati hai mujhe. Jab bhi kabhi uske baare me sochke ghutan hone lagti hai to chatt pe aa jata hu. Cigar usi ke jaane ke baad shuru kiya. Bohot chidhti thi agar kisi ko cigar peeta dekhti thi to. Kehti thi ajeeb log hai? Aise roz thoda thoda marne ka kya shauk hai?" Binoy looked away from his son and inhaled strongly. "Haah! Itne saalo se cigar pee rha hu is ummeed me ki roz roz thoda maru aur jaldi uske paas pohoch jau. Par pata nhi ye roz roz kab khatm hoga aur kab ek hi baar me..."