living

Soon they watched as the brothers returned home to a surprising mess of cake batter on the walls, the kitchen was covered in frosting and cake batter. Despite the mess, a surprisingly beautiful cake was on the table. A group of happy-looking young teenagers and children sat at the table with a happy content looking Barbra behind them. The children were clean surprising, along with Babs. They all wore wearing clean PJs, Tim was sitting in a chair fast asleep. While Steph and Cassy were cuddled next to each other, pushing to chairs together. Jason smiled seeing Tim. Jason walked up to Tim picking him up before slowly carrying him to their shared bedroom. The nightmares had recently gotten worse for both of them so the 2 shared a bedroom making it easier to comfort each other. Steph and Cass also had moved into a bedroom claiming that if Tim and Jason got to share a bedroom they did too. 

About a year later, it was the morning, well more like early afternoon. everyone woke up to yelling from the kitchen. In a rush, they ran downstairs so prepared for a fight. When they got to the kitchen they were surprised to see Jason and Dick yelling at the stove.

They appeared to have been cooking something, maybe their lunch after training and morning patrol, whatever it was it had failed. Though neither was a terrible cook, they weren't the best with the complex equipment Bruce had put in for the kitchen per Alfred's request. Everyone laughed watching the memory. The 2 had become increasingly close since Jason returned after his death. Especially after the death of Bruce. Both brothers came to each other for comfort, understanding the depression that both had developed in their earlier years. Unknowliky they even helped each other with their trauma along the way. Before Jason told Bruce about him being revived, let alone him being Red hood, Dick knew. He followed Jason one day and confronted him. From then on the 2 met in secret, in an old base Dick had mostly abandoned until that point.

The 2 now currently were laughing after seeing the reactions of their family causing everyone else to smile, the 2 had seemed so down that it was honestly amazing to see them in this state of happiness. A doorbell sounded from the front door, which was strange. You normally had to be recognized by the security system to even be allowed within the walls rounding the mansion. Barbra walked to the door the others following in curiosity but not wanting to open the door themselves. When the door opened Talia was standing there with a young child in her arms, this caused those who did not know Damian's past to gasp in shock realizing who the young boy she held was. It was easy to put together even for the slow-minded speedsters, Damian is Bruce's son, his mother unknown. It all clicked.

"I heard Bruce passed, I think we need to talk"
The screen cut to Dick, Barbra, along with Talia, and the small boy talking, the others listening from afar, it was hard to make out what they were saying or who was talking but the occasional word was able to be picked up. "Drugged... Dead... knew... hope... split... majority... love... own... others... ask... sadly... I... understand... sign... help... alliance... sort"

The group outside walked in after Tilia walked out without the youngster. She smiled slightly at them muttering some kind of thank you along with an apology, before letting herself out the door. The group watching could now see the way the family looked at each other, now being able to feel the emotions they felt a rush of happy love hope, and slight nervousness rushing at them in waves.

The so-called emotionless angry family was now all unmasked to be real people, not gods or demigods, not raised to be treated like one, not aliens who have freaky powers, not cocky speedsters, or nor where they narcissistic like former allies. No, they were real people who have been to hell and back multiple times. They still take time out of their day to save the people who have hurt them or complete strangers. Anyone in need can count on them and they ask for little in return. The visitors all gasped at how this thought seemed to be in all of their heads at once. Where they were more of a problem than they thought? Just like that the screen once again turned black.

The heroes all began to charter under their breath waiting for the next clip to play. Robin had moved from sitting near everyone, shifting slowly toward Damian. When she reached her brother's side she immediately curled up into his side. His body relaxed as soon as he felt the smaller body engulf his own. The two were incredibly close and only relied on each other for moral support. As the rest of the heroes had hushed conversations under their breath the 2 siblings had one of their own.

"Seeing this ya know really makes me wish we were older, that we got to actually live this" Robin mumbled to her brother snuggling closer together.

"I know, I wish we would have had more time with Tati, with all of them, even Drake"

As the others began to stir realizing that there would not likely be another clip. The two waited on the edge of the platform waiting to see if their father would show. However, in a split second, the doors locked loudly and the lights on the walkway shut off. Completely putting the heroes into the next clip. Looking down the floor became the flooring of the Batcave, the ceiling a seminally black void. The walls became filled with weapons that are still considered advanced over 20 years later. As the heroes former and new looked around in shock they turned to recognize 4 forms walking up to an even more recognizable form. Steph Cass Jason and Tim all approached Dick with their uniforms covered in dirt but they had large smiles on their faces.

"Hey" Dick's voice echoed slightly off the walls of the cave. His smile a copy of the ones on his children's faces. On his lap sat a 3 1/2 years-old Damian, Dicks pointer finger was held by the small child's hands. He held the toddler closer before speaking "She dropped him off for the week, we decided she can have him on the weekends after he turns 5 we will reconsider." The group looked at each other nodding with understanding. "It is going to be a lot these next couple of months but it will be worth it, I promise" Dick smiled at his children.