Bat- no, Bruce is dead

FYI as of the memories being shown here are the roles and NON CANNON AGES I MADE THESE UP-Barbra is Oracle and 20 (She sometimes returns to help as Batgirl, when her health allows it) Steph is Spoiler 11, Cass is the Black bat, 14, Tim has recently become Red Robin, 10, Jason is Red hood, 14 soon to be 15, and Dick, 19, as of now is Nightwing

The alarms rang through the cave as soon as Nightwing entered the code singling red risk 10.   He looked down to the ground as sat down and began tracking the Joker's location. In less than 3 minutes all the bats were in the cave. (Fyi- this does not include Robin cause she was not born and Damien cause they did not know about him) 

"Wing, what's wrong," Jason asked panic evident in his voice clearly due to the alarm he just had received. 

"Bruce... Joker... co- Gorden... heartra- breathing... help... memories..." Dick muttered, the words mostly fell unheard as all of his focus was on finding those mentioned. He pulled up the clip before continuing typing so fast he could have been confused for a speedster. The original JlA looked away not being able to watch the clip again.  The screen darkened, the screen fading to show the team, turned found family, each suited up prepared for the likely tough battle ahead. 

The screen cut abruptly to the commissioner and Batman both being proclaimed dead before it faded once again. This time it showed when they were forced to pull the plug on Alfred, not even hours after Bruce and Jim were pernonced officially dead. It went dark again to soon show everyone getting ready for an event. A funeral. A funeral for 3 of the best people Gotham had seen. Everyone gasped at the present tears leaving marks that were clearly evident on the cheeks, some even rolling down the necks of the bats. The bats were all dressed in black from head to toe not even adding a hint of color to the outfit besides a necklace or bracelet.  Dick and Barbra came into view looking more distraught than the rest. Their tear marks were not as evident clearly trying to be strong for the kids now all left under their guardianship.  

They watched as the 2 adults helped the children get ready for the dreaded event that was sadly nearing. The adults seemed to have a silent conversation as Dick helped Cass with her hair and Barbra helped Steph. Dick sighed and everyone chuckled a bit because you could tell he was upset he lost the argument. 

"Babs and I want you guys to take a break from both the enterprise and vigilantism. Definitely not forever, but until you can all manage to fully function again. I know we all are upset but unless we give you permission we would prefer the vigilantes stay at home till further notice. Okay?" Dick asked almost pleading. Surprisingly when he finished all the kids just nodded or voiced their approval even Jason who was known to reject any authority. Although it was not too much of a surprise to those who knew him. Jason knew it was needed, plus Jason had always listened best to Dick.

The screen slightly darkened but brightened seconds later and it was clear they were in the cemetery that the heroes had all stood in that morning. However much of the decor along with several graves were not yet present. Along with the bats, there were a few police officers who had been close to the commissioner.  All of the founding members of both teams winced at the sight none of them had shown up when they knew it was important. He was their friend, a mentor, and a hero, he might not have been the best at times but that is sometimes necessary to get the job done. They all felt gulit well in their chests knowing they had let their anger win. They wondered how Dick managed to forgive them, well he also had always been the most forgiving out of the family.