Prologue (part 2): Feeding

No one's POV

It's been about an hour since y/n took the job to take care of the Grimm nest. Since then, he went to where the bar owner told him the nest was at, even though it was raining the entire time.

Right now, he was walking through the forest outside of the village. He was quite the whole time, thinking to himself. Though when he barely heard the faint sound of Grimm howling in the distance, he stopped and focused on the sound and where it came from.

After another minute or so of walking, y/n stops suddenly in the middle of a small clearing. He focuses his gaze behind as he barely lifts his head over his shoulder. "What do you want now, Shay?" He asks with boredom in his voice.

Behind him, Shay stood a few feet away. The man looks irritated as he glares at y/n. "What do I want?" He repeats angrily, clenching his fists as he glares more. "You know exactly what I want, you little shit."

Y/n rolls his eye before turning to face the man as he folds his arms. "I don't want to repeat what happened last time. I'm busy." He states.

Shay growls in irritation. He quickly pulls out a pistol from his back and points it at y/n, finger ready on the trigger. "I'm not playing around, kid. Give me the damn sword."

Seeing him draw his weapon, y/n pulls out his gun and aims it right back at Shay. "Why do you even want it? I'm sure a bandit like you have enough swords tucked away somewhere."

"That's true. I've seen plenty of swords in my life, but I've never come across one like yours. And your gun. So hand them over and I'll let you live. Deal?"

"Is all of this is about money?" Y/n asks, slowly pulling on his trigger so Shaw wouldn't notice.

"You wouldn't get it." States Shay. "It's more-."

"Complicated than that?" Y/n interrupts as if he knew what he would say. "And what? Need to get enough cash so you can tuck and run away from whatever tribe you abandoned? Pay off some bounty or dept that you couldn't uphold? Want to restart your life in Atlas or wherever? I've met a lot of bandits over my life, Shay. I know a thing or two about your kind."

"..." Shay doesn't say anything. His hand that held his gun began to shake, but he forces himself to stay calm. "Just shut up. I just need the damn money. And if you won't give it to me, I'll make sure to make your life miserable, you shit."

Y/n scoffs at the threat and couldn't help but smile a little. "I'd like to see you try."

Shay scowls and growls seeing the younger man not take him seriously. He was about to pull the trigger, but the two heard a twig break from within the shadows of the forest surrounding them. Shay looks around as y/n simply turns his gaze, both keeping their guns aiming at each other.

From the forest, the two saw countless pairs of glowing red eyes watching them. Low growls and snarls could be heard as well, making Shay uneased by the sounds. Y/n kept calm as he waits. Slowly, dozens of Grimm slowly started to walk out from the trees and into the clearing. As far as the two could tell, they were only Beowulves and Ursas.