Chapter 4: New Prey

No one's POV

It has been approximately two days since y/n decided to begin anew. Today was it. It is his deadline for getting into the main city of Vale, his last chance to get what he's always wanted; a normal life.

Right now, y/n currently standing behind a large group of people at the airship docks with all of his personal belongings. He had his hood up like usual when he was in public. He saw that in front of him was a mob starting to become impatient from the fact that it was taking a long time for civilians to get into the airships.

Some tried to push their way through each other and push past the Atlas security. But unfortunately for them, there was extra security standing by today, which easily prevented the mob from breaking through.

Seeing the extra security around made a drop of sweat form on y/n's face as he looks anxious and stressed. He looks around for a possible second route to get through, but there were too many soldiers around for him to slip by easily. Plus, there was a large fence blocking his way too, which didn't help him.

Seeing the predicament he was in, he scowls and growls lowly. "Damnit..." He mutters, his eye darting around for any signs of an opening.

However, he barely caught a whiff of a familiar scent, causing him to stop what he was doing and look over his shoulder. His hand moves under his jacket as a hand went to grab Thorn, but he doesn't draw it out yet. He looks around the area to find where the scent was coming from, but only saw civilians who weren't trying to board the airships walking around and minding their own business. He continues trying to find the source, but the scent quickly cleared from his nose, causing him to growl lowly again. He hesitantly lets go of his hand cannon and turns back to the airships, but occasionally looks over his shoulder just in case. 

Meanwhile...

At the entrance of a dark alleyway around the corner, two young adults hid behind a wall. One was the young woman who tried to steal from y/n a few days ago, while another was a tall male.

Speaking of, he looked to be in his early twenties. His gray hair covered a part of the right side of his face. His attire is a blue zipped-up top to the neck with orange trim, covered with a gunmetal gray, double-breasted leather zippered biker jacket with his sigil across the left side of his torso. He is also wearing gray vambraces that extend up to his biceps atop black fingerless gloves. He also has black pants with zipper lines along the thigh, and wears an orange keychain hanging down his belt which reads "M80-495".

 He also has black pants with zipper lines along the thigh, and wears an orange keychain hanging down his belt which reads "M80-495"

The male scoffs as he folds his arms in annoyance. "Way to go, Emerald." He says with irritation while glaring at the girl. "You nearly blew our cover."