Chapter 2: Tricksters

It's been about two months. Over these last few months, y/n slowly made his way where the bartender told him where to go. He has been hesitant about the idea of trying to join Beacon, but in the back of his mind, he kept arguing about it. Slowly, he's been traveling through cities and villages like the man said and ended up staying at the final city before he arrived at his final destination for about a week.

No one's POV

Y/n was currently walking down a sidewalk of a city. He had his hands in his pockets as he kept his head low. He sighs as his mind drifts to several different thoughts that have been constantly on his mind lately.

'Am I seriously thinking of actually trying? What would happen if I can't control myself? Is there even any point in school? Why am I even arguing with myself about it?-' And so on.

All the thoughts in his mind got him frustrated. He lets out another sigh as he walks by a park. He decided to stop and sit and rest his back on an empty bench while looking up at the blue calm sky with a blank look. He stayed like this for a minute before he heard a group of children giggling and screaming. Curiously, he looks over his shoulder and saw a couple of human and Faunus children running behind him, playing some kind of game. A small frown forms on his lips while he looks back up at the sky, humming softly. "Must be nice having friends..." He mumbles softly.

After another moment of looking at the sky, he reaches into his shirt and pulls out his necklace that had the silver ring on it from his neck. He studies it for some time, thinking deeply. 'That day...If I never unlocked my Semblance...would our fates be different...?' He ponders the thought for some time. As he did, a gentle gust of wind blows by, blowing his hair in the direction.

He stayed like this for some time. To him, it felt like hours, when in reality it was almost an hour. Occasionally, some couples and kids noticed him and wondered what he was doing, but they all quickly dismiss the thoughts and moved on with their lives.

During this time, another memory flashes in his mind. Like last time, this one was brief. It appears that it was a continuation of last time. Y/n was young again, the same place as before. However, this was different. Y/n seems to be crouching as he pants heavily. Fire and smoke circle him by several feet. He could feel his mind going blank while his vision starts to blacken out. But, what stops him was a woman's voice, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"GET OUT OF HERE, Y/N!!!" She screams, her voice broken as she sobs heavily.

In front of the young boy, a woman laid on the floor. She tried to crawl to him while reaching her hand out for him, but she was too far for him to reach and her left leg was bleeding, preventing her from going any further. He couldn't see her face due to dark clouds surrounding her face.

"There he is!" A different person shouts.

Y/n looks over to his left and heard several pairs of footsteps running over to him. But due to all the smoke, he couldn't see who they were. All that he knew is that they wore military boots and metal clanged together as they ran.

"Open fire on him!" Another voice shouts.

Before the young y/n could even process what was happening, the sound of gunshots echos in his ears, causing a loud ringing to deafen him. As if time slowed down, he could see multiple bullets slowly flying towards him. But before anything else could happen, the memory fades.

Present-day y/n blinks a couple of times as he regains consciousness and recollects himself. He places his necklace back around his neck and sits up, stretching due to feeling his body becoming stiff. He looks around and saw not as many people in the park as when he first arrived. He chuckles softly while a small smile creeps on his lips, though that quickly fades as the memories of his past flood his mind, causing him to frown. "..."