Chapter 3: Taking Control

No one's POV

It was currently late at night in the city where y/n stayed at. Currently, the teen was sitting at a desk in a hotel room, next to an opened window that looked up to the cracked moon. On the desk were his guns, while in his hands were a whetstone and his sword. He carefully sharpens the tip of the blade, his eyes glued to the sword. However, that soon comes to a halt as he slowly lowers his blade, and looks to his side up to the cracked moon. He hums softly as he had a soft look on his face, his mind constantly arguing with itself.

"Why...?" He mutters to himself, a hint of worry in his voice.

It has only been several hours since he talked to the Faunus. Ever since then and the little...scene he caused, he stayed at a hotel to lay low from being hunted by any Atlas soldiers. He hasn't bothered to leave his room since.

He looks down and sighs softly while closing his eyes. He has been struggling to figure out what to do now. He knew that he could no afford to stay in the city in case the military was still looking for him, but he didn't know where he would go now. He had no home, no safe place to run off to. He was alone like he has been over the last few years.

"..." Y/n sets the whetstone on the desk and rests his blade on the wall. He then sits on his chair again and closes his eyes, trying to relax. Though, that didn't go as planned as all he could think about was the fact that the airships to Beacon were leaving in two days, his last chance at starting a new life.

A drop of sweat forms on the side of his face as he tries to not think about it, but something in his mind kept bringing it back up. Not only that, but slowly, voices other than his own began to fill his mind. Two seemed to be feminine while five others sounded male. But, they don't sound normal. They all seemed to whisper unintelligible things over each other, occasionally screeching or roaring. And instead of sounding human, they all sounded...monstrous, echoing.

He groans softly as he gently held the side of his head on his palm, his face scrunching as he began to feel dizzy. "N-no..." He mutters weakly as he rests his elbow on the desk. "Shut...u-up...all of y-you..."

Hearing them slowly becoming louder, more sweat forms on his face as he groans louder, feeling himself starting to lose control of himself. As that happened, a faint green glow illuminates his Thorn resting on the table as a dark mist forms around it. And as the voices grew louder in his head, the glow around his gun grew as well.

Y/n began hyperventilating due to all the pain he felt. He weakly grabs for his Thorn and holds it tightly for dear life. When he got a good grip on it, he slams it onto the desk as he quickly stood up from his chair. "Enough!" He shouts, opening his eye and glaring at the gun. He pants heavily as he could feel the voices and pain in his head start to fade, as the glowing and mist around his gun fades as well.

As they fade, y/n tries to catch his breath. He felt his legs suddenly weaken and was forced to sit back in his seat. He clenches his jaw and his hands, feeling his body shaking in fear. Even though the voices left, he didn't feel any better than before. He was sweating like crazy as he stares at his gun for a solid minute before he drops it onto the table.

"N-no... I'm no-not...ready..." He mutters, still trying to catch his breath.

The room went silent after that. All that could be heard were y/n's breathing, the wind blowing outside the room, and a faint siren in the distance.

After a few minutes of this awkward moment continuing, y/n let out a tired sigh. "This was a mistake..."

Just as he finished that sentence, a familiar voice enters his mind. "You're strong, y/n... No matter what happens..." They said.