This Curse

This Curse

By azuna_mirax430 

Reviewer MeowMeow422 

Before anything, I'd like to tell you I haven't finished your book. 

 Title of book and chapters: 9/10

I like the title; it's straight to the point. I'm not a fan of how for each chapter you simply put numbers though. As stated in my last review, I like it when people name their chapters. It gives me a good idea of what's happening, and what's the main focus.

Cover: 9/10 

 The cover is very simplistic--a bit too simplistic even. Maybe add a more festive design to it? Or a more melancholy one.

Blurb: 10/10 

 I like the blurb--it gives a general idea of the entire book, without being too much of a spoiler.

Flow/ plot/ pace: 8/10 

 I like the plot. Unfortunely, I don't like the slow pace of it. The plot seems intresting, but the slowness of early chapters makes me sigh in boredom. 

Usage of literary devices/ figurative language/ description: 9.5/10 

 For this, you get almost-full points. I love the descriptions, they're wonderful. But try to add s bit more.

Like for example, in chapter four you wrote:

"She imagined herself in a beautiful patio wearing an elegant blue dress..."

Now the descriptions after this part is wonderful. But here's my edited version of it:

"She imagined herself in a beautiful patio overlooking the vast ocean while wearing a silk dress with the same hue as the open sky above her..."

Of course, that's just my opinion. It's up to you whether you want to keep it or edit it--btws, if you use my version please credit me

Characters: 8/10 

 I love how all the characters stay the same--but I don't like Han's persona so far. I also don't really get Haku's change of character, it's not a lot but still. But I do like how you still invorparate the radish sprite. 

Vocabulary and spelling: 9/10 

 Your vocabulary and spelling is great--but I did notice a few missing words.

Grammar and sentence structure: 9.5/10 

Your grammar is great! Not perfect, but wonderful.

Originality/ Meaning: 9/10 

 I've never read a Studio Ghibli fanfic before, so I'm uncertain of its originality. But I like the meaning so far.

Enjoyment: 8/10 

 Total: 89/100

This book is...lacking luster. I was so excited to read it at first. But then the slowness ruins it for me. The story is slow-paced and not very engaging. I like stories that end with cliff-hangers; it gets me excited for the next chapter. Yours, unfortunely, does not do it for me. Since it's a reader insert, most of the scene were predictable--but I admire how you incorparate Han into it, I admit. Han's existence isn't abrupt or dumped into the world.

But one thing that really kills the enjoyment is that it's a Haku x reader. I will forever ship Haku with Chihiro--or no one at all. Don't get me wrong, I like Haku; but not enough to read a Haku x reader. So maybe I'm being a bit biased.

Please remember that this is all just my opinion--besides I haven't read the entire book yet. So my review might not be justified. You're a great author--seriously. And I'm sure your readers would agree. It's just not my cup of tea.