Bosom Pals - A Collection of Poems

Author - hermiosa_reina

Reviewer - MeowMeow422 

(Note I didn't finish your book. Also, sorry for the late review)

Relevance to the theme: 8/10

I like the themes of all your poems; they fit with the chapters' titles. But 'Bosom Pals'? It's a curious title and I don't really see the relevance to most of the poems. Your poems have educational and hauntingly elegant vibes--at least, that's what I'm getting--but the book title itself seems a little more humorous and quirky.

Creativity/Style and Originality: 10/10

Wow, I really love your style and wording! It's so elegant and sophisticated. Some of the word I rarely find in stories--much less poems. So kudos to your ocean of a vocab.

Coherence of form and structure (harmony of words, presentation): 10/10

The poems are beautiful and harmonious--almost song-like really. I truly love them. Though, each paragraph is longer than I'm used (not a bad thing).

Clarity of imagery and language: 9/10

Wow, you're really good at imagery! I couldn't find only taste imagery--which is pretty uncommon anyways. The rest you've written it so well.

Personal enjoyment: 8/10

Total: 45/50

This has got to be one my favourite books. And yes, the vocab is wonderfully wide and unique--but it can also be rather daunting.

I love reading/finding uncommon words in book--poems, stories, etc--but yours just had a bit too much; to the point I was left hanging, wondering 'what the cat does this word mean?' Although some could simply Google or assume what it means based on context, it still may leave an confused expression.

The poems themselves are beautiful and I loved reading them--just skimming over it, I could already tell; this is so elegant.

On another note, I love the way you added those images you use as well as the black fleur-de-leis (I think that's what it called; correct me) as the end of each chapter.

This was truly a delight to read.