Chapter Two ~

Joey and Dawson waited that day, but Pacey never came back. The next day Dawson and his parents were gone and so was Pacey, but Joey never knew where he went.

Joey Potter felt left behind and was forced to spend that entire summer alone.

...

That was four years ago, and Joey had never been the same after that day. She and Dawson? They were still friends, but not as close as how they used to. She and Pacey? Well, that's a very long story.

It was the last week of summer before school started and Joey was climbing through Dawson's window. She had a smile on her face, but it faded when she saw the camera equipment lying around in his room.

"No, no, no," Joey was shaking her head in disagreement. "Please don't tell me you have another movie idea..."

Dawson beamed as he told her about it, "As a matter of fact, I have indeed another movie idea! I have been working on the script all night!" He waved a pile of papers in her face.

"Dawson, we talked about this! I don't want to be an actress in your movies, not when he will be there too." Joey said annoyed and crossed her arms.

"Come on, Joey. Please?" Dawson looked at her with puppy eyes.

Joey looked at Dawson and thought about it for a moment. Honestly, she had no interest whatsoever being in this new film, especially when that meant spending time with him. Although Dawson didn't say he would be there, Joey knew better. He was always there when they're shooting a new movie and Joey couldn't stand it. But because he and Joey were Dawson's only friends, they would always have to be his actresses. Joey shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other, she thought she didn't have to see him for another week before school started, but it looks like she was wrong. Because looking at Dawson now she couldn't say no, not when she currently had a crush on him.

Joey let out a loud sigh before responding. "Fine, I'll help you," Dawson smiled at her. "But don't come complaining to me about how we don't stop arguing, because you know as good as I that it will happen."

"I just don't get it, Joey. Neither one of you explained to me what happened between you four years ago. We were all friends and then one day you two just hated each other. Why can't we go back to being friends like before?"

Joey looked down at her feet before answering, "That was 4 years ago, Dawson. Ok? Just let it go."

Dawson wanted to say something but before he could open his mouth, they heard someone enter the house.

"Hey D-man, I'm here, what do you want to do today? I thought we- '' Pacey didn't finish his sentence, because now he was standing at the door frame to Dawson's room and looking at her.

"Man, what is the ice queen doing here?" Pacey didn't look pleased with the girl in front of him.

Joey just grunted something that sounded like "Jerk" and crossed her arms. Dawson rolled his eyes. Only one minute of them together and they were starting to insult each other. It was going to be a long day.

It was then that Pacey realized all the movie equipment that was lying around. He looked annoyed at Dawson who just looked pleading back. Pacey sighed, knowing that he couldn't say no to his best friend. "What's this movie about?"

Dawson answered happily and was relieved that he didn't need to convince his other friend to act in his movie "It's an homage. A girl falls in love with a sea creature, but she doesn't know his true identity and gets killed by him."

Pacey nodded. That didn't sound too bad, maybe this was one of Dawson's best movie ideas he heard until now, he thought. But then something clicked in his head around the same time Joey said: