Chapter Five ~

Dawson and Andie walked in silence back to the Leerys' house. At the same time they arrived, Jack and Jen pulled the car into the driveway. They had stayed with Joey for a while, but she got tired and wanted to lay down, so Jen and Jack left her and went to check if the rest of them were at Dawson's house.

They got out of the car and met the other two teenagers midway.

"We know what happened!" everyone spoke at once. Jen, Jack, Dawson, and Andie looked all at each other. "You know too?" Again, they spoke all at the same time.

"Wait, wait, wait." Jack tried to stop everyone from speaking at once. "So, Jen and I went to see if Joey was okay and she told us why she and Pacey don't like each other."

"And we spoke to Pacey about it. He told us the whole story." Andie told them. "We are still pretty shocked about it."

"Yeah, you tell us," Jen spoke to the other blond. "Pacey just vanishing out of Joey's life. That must have been hard for her. No wonder she doesn't let anyone in at first. She lost her mother, her father, and a friend at the same time."

"What do you mean 'Pacey vanished out of Joey's life'? Joey was the one who didn't want Pacey in her life anymore."

"No," Jack shook his head, "after Joey's father got arrested, Pacey just ignored her for the whole summer."

"He didn't ignore her!" Andie got a little heated up defending her boyfriend. "He was sent away and when he came back she slammed the door in his face."

With that, they all started screaming at each other until Jen stopped.

"WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! We all need to hear both sides of the story before we point fingers. Because apparently, we heard different stories."

Everyone agreed and the four of them went upstairs to Dawson's room.

...

"Wow..." Andie let out a breath after everyone was finished talking. "So... it was just one big misunderstanding."

"Yeah..." Dawson leaned back in his chair. "What do we do now?"

"Well," Jen began to think about it. "They are both way too stubborn to just believe us if we tell them it's a misunderstanding. What we need is another plan." She smiled mischievously and played with her hands, like she was a villain in a movie planning to take over the world.

"You're right, Jen. Joey and Pacey are both so stubborn." Dawson agreed with his blonde friend. "But this time we need to be more careful."

...

"Dawson, man, where are you taking me?" Pacey asked impatiently as Dawson dragged him across the school. It was the end of school and Pacey just wanted to go home.

"We just have to make a pitstop really quick," Dawson said.

Dawson led him into an empty classroom. Minutes later, the two boys heard the voices of Jen and Joey.

"Jen, come on. I just wanna go home," Joey said.

"And you will. But there's something else that we need to do before that," Jen told her.

"What could be more important than..."

The two girls entered the empty classroom and saw Pacey and Dawson standing there.

"No way," Pacey said.

"I'm out of here," Joey told them.

Before the teens could do anything else, they heard the door lock, and they looked up to find that Dawson and Jen weren't there anymore. Pacey walked over to the door, trying to open it.