Chapter 2: Day of Despair

I said as I disappeared in the crowd and when I went back home, I got an ear full for being late. Then after the scolding, I told them about the beautiful girl I met and how I may have fallen in love.

["I told them I love that girl, but why get fiance when I'm in love with that girl." ]

"Oh well, I just have to live with it. Puhhsha stupid bugs getting in my mouth!"

I yelled the last part out while walking to a river that's connected to the town. The town's name is Koizumi which stands for 'brave' town. It's a great trading spot and has a nice landscape with it, but there's been a myth of Demons that eat humans going around town. I never believe such fallacies, but myth does come with truths. I'm sure that will never happen and it will stay as a myth for scary stories to tell.

"Onii-chan wait up!"

I hear my sister's voice ring out and I look back to see her cuteness. I stopped moving and waited for her to catch up. She then takes my hand and gives me a pouty face.

"You should have waited for me~ you know I love walks with you!"

"Yes~ Yes~ I'm sorry Masako"

"Good and don't forget you promise to always to protect me"

"Yes~ I know I will protect you!"

We walked with each other in the forest, because we had no friends at all. So, we just hangout with each other and walk around the forest and play near the river. Today was weirder than usual; the more we walked the more dead plants then before. Then we got scared, but we kept going until we realized it was night time.

"O-onii-chan I think we need to go back"

"Y-yes let's go"

We started to head back, but I looked over to the moon and noticed my body felt numb. Like it's telling me not to go back; I look over to Masako and see her very worried.

"I want you to hide somewhere in the forest and don't come back!"

I told her and ran back to the house and left her there. I hope she listens to me; I keep running to my house and I smell smoke and see the town on fire; it made me run faster to get to my home to save my parents. I was able to see the house and run through the door.

"MOM!? DAD!?"

I yelled and nothing returned back so I started to search for them. I checked every room, but the kitchen; I went in and saw two lifeless bodies. Then I hear a voice ring out behind me.

"Boy, YOU NEED TO RUN!"

I see a guy with a sword and all bloody up and I froze in place looking at him. Is he running from something and why does he have a sword?

"Listen to me boy! Demons are destroying the town-"

Before he could finish he was stabbed by a sword and a man with 6 eyes with two of them saying Upper One. I was scared but I was able to move; so I ran to get a butcher knife and hold it out at him. He looked at me and slowly drew his sword; then I heard a familiar voice, it was Masako.

"Onii-chan where are you"

"NO RUN MASAKO!"

I saw her near the demon and the demon looked at her. I charged at him with all my might; I have to protect her I promised. Then I saw a slash with moons appear and it was beautiful. Then I saw red with the girl who I called my little sister and half her body disappeared.

CRACK~

CRACK~

The heart started to crack and so did the seal of one's power.

"I'm going to kill you"

The demon was shocked with the calm, but large killing intent from the boy. Tsukiyomi was like a god looking down and seeing the world. It felt like he was looking through God's lens of the world. The demon went with a downward slash, but Tsukiyomi saw it coming and doge into another room and picked up a small vase; thrown it at the demon head then he ran to another room and charged him with the butcher knife; He went to chopped off his neck, but the demon wasn't going down without a fight. The demon went for a diagonal swing and at the last second Tsukiyomi pivoted his foot and twirl his body to the left; then he charged at him with the knife, but the demon smiled for a second then gave a shocked face. It was too late to defend it; the knife went half way in his throat, but before he could go all the way the handle broke. The demon used the hilt of his sword and hit Tsukiyomi on the back of the neck. Tsukiyomi was knocked unconscious and the demon looked at him.

*Kokushibo POV

What was that kid; it felt like I was being looked down upon. Maybe, I can make this boy into a strong human and convert him into a demon that can serve him. I grabbed a book and brush & ink and gave him a training routine and all of my styles. Then I left a note and then I went to the demon slayer that was dead and took his sword; I brought over to the kid and placed down the book and sword. I walked outside to notice it was almost time for the sun to come up and I left into the pocket dimension thanks to Nakime.

["That boy was interesting, in being able to pierce my neck with just a butcher knife; and those eyes were glowing; just what is he? He'll be a great pawn" ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Tsukiyomi power is like the one in Soul Land 2 and he's the main character that has spirit eyes.