Chapter 14: A Mission With Shinobu

Its been a couple of weeks of off time for me and Ive been hanging out with Kanao a lot. She got more comfortable near me, to the point shell talk to me normally without using the coin. Though she doesnt really speak more than a sentence every couple of minutes. So thats that; Kanae and Shinobu were deciding to train her to be a demon slayer.

"Nee-san, are you really going to train her?"

"Yes, that would be the plan."

"Even if she agrees to it, it would be done by a coin and not out of her own will."

"Then Ill be up to fate."

"Nee-san!"

For Kanae to be pushing this hard for her to train is surprising. I can see why Shinobu is annoyed by whats happening. I guess I should step in and hope to get some answers.

"Kanae, why are trying to push her to be a demon slayer? You know how dangerous of a job it is."

"I agree with Tsu, why are you pushing her to be a demon slayer?"

She sits there not saying anything for about 5 minutes. Putting her thoughts in order to best answer our question.

"To be honest, I dont want her to be a demon slayer. But the reason I want to teach her is so that she can protect herself and hope she grows out of her shell."

"That feels like a superficial answer, to be honest."

I stated and Shinobu nods, but then a door slides open and Kanao appears through. She said something that shocked all three of us.

"I want to be a demon slayer."

We stayed there in silence; she didnt use the coin to decide. I got up and put my hand on her head and kneel down.

"If thats what you want, then it shall be done."

She just looks at me without emotions, but I can tell she understands what Im saying. Then Kanae came over and sat in front of her.

"Well start tomorrow, okay?"

"Nee-san, Tsu are you really going to accept this?"

"Yep/No choice"

"Aw geez what's wrong with the both of you-"

Then we heard a knocking sound at the window and it was Kage. I went over to open the window and let him in. He flew over to my arm and I took the letter hanging on his leg.

"What does it say?"

Shinobu got curious about what it said and two things were written in it. Basically to sum it up, Shinobu and I were given a mission to the north in an ancient shrine.

"Well, it said that Shinobu and I are going to the north to find an ancient shrine that has rumors of a demon."

"What? Im going too?"

"Yep."

"Isn't that great, Shinobu! You got a mission!"

"Yeah, not by myself."

Shinobu was not happy to get her own mission, but Im not surprised mostly because the poison is still developing. Kanae and Shinobu kept bickering about the mission, but I went over to Kanao. She looks up to me and I put a hand on her head.

"Well be back, so dont worry."

She nods her head and I look over to Shinobu.

"Lets get ready, I'd rather get this mission over with."

"Yes Yes, Im coming."

After that we got into our uniforms and got to the front gate. Kanae and Kanao were standing next to each other. Kanao was giving a wave.