Chapter 11: Funny Old Man, Tecchin

It's been three months since I've been living in the Butterfly estate. The problem is that I still haven't gotten my weapon. I know I did ask for a weapon change at the last minute, but It's been two months. Like what the hell, what's the point of being a demon slayer without a weapon that can slay demons.

Right now the two sisters are looking at him in worry. They see him just picking his food and see him deep in thought.

"Um.. Tsu? You okay?"

Kanae asked and he looked at her.

"Yeah? Just where is my sword?"

Tears started to roll down Tsu's face and Kanae looked down. Then Kanae had an idea and gave a hug to Tsu.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to Oyakata-sama since we have a pillar meeting today"

Tsu digs deeper into the hug.

"Thank you~"

Then a sudden pull forced me out of the warm hug. I look to the culprit.

"Really Shinobu~"

"Stop being a pervert!"

"It's fine Shinobu, I'm happy he enjoys it!"

Said with a beaming smile that radiated light. We both had to close our eyes because of the intensity of her smile.

"Okay Okay Nee-san we get it! Just stop blinding us!"

"Sorry~ Sorry~"

The funny thing is that I haven't been able to find Kage in two months. I guess he really is a shadow, I'm sure he'll come around. After that lovely breakfast, Kanae left for the Pillar meetings and Shinobu went into her laboratory. I went to follow Shinobu silently and I saw her starting to combine stuff. I watched her for about 10 minutes before I decided to bust in.

"Hey Shinobu"

"Wahhhhhhhh!"

She looked at me in anger, but the vile in her hands did not move at all even though she was startled.

"Sorry~ I didn't mean to startle you like that, but what are you making?"

"Wisteria poison"

Still looking at me in anger, but she holds up the vile that is in her hands.

"Interesting, I thought most would try just to cut the demon heads off"

She then looks away and looks down.

"Well thanks to my height and strength I can't cut the demon head off"

"Is that so? Could you tell me more about how you fight?"

Then she picks up her sword and her sheath; then hands it to me. I drew the sword and saw the majority of the blade was gone while at the top of the sword there was a small blade. Great for stabbing, but too short for cutting a demon's heads off. Then I look into her sheath and notice there are places that can code the blade part with poison.

"That's pretty cool!"

"What?! You don't think it's stupid?"

She yelled at me in surprise and she might be thinking that I'm lying.

"Why the hell do I think that?"

"Because I can't cut off a demon's heads"

"Well let me tell you this, even though you think you're useless because you can't do what the rest can do. You're not useless, you made history to be able to kill demons without cutting their heads off and can change the tide of the battlefield."