Pretty boy (6)

TWs: mentions of abuse, mentions of homophobia, mention of violence in general. 

Hopefully this is the last part, my hand HURTS

oh boy this is gonna be a long one 

------------------------------------

Clay POV:

I'm woken up by a knock on my bedroom door. My head thumps painfully as I reach up to rub my eyes, adjusting to the light. I lazily stumble to the door opening it revealing the person on the other side. 

Darryl? Why is he here? 

"Hey Clay" he says, bringing me into a hug. Darryl has always been a pretty affectionate guy, but me being the same I don't mind. I hum in response, too tired to reply "How are you doing buddy?" He asks, leading us to sit down on my bed. "Eh, definitely could be better. How else am I meant to feel?" I ask, cringing at my failed attempt of a joke. The room falls silence, which I'm kind of glad about, considering the headache that I'm currently having to deal with.

"You need to unblock George" Darryl says bluntly out of no where. I have to think for a moment, making sure I heard him correctly before I let out a obnoxious laugh. "You're kidding" I deadpan, standing up to get tablets for my head. "How did you- how did you even get into my house?" I ask. Darryl shakes his head "Your mum let me in, but thats not the point" he starts "Clay you need to unblock George" He repeats, his voice scarily demanding. He sounds so serious... this is so unlike him. "How did you know I even blocked him in the first place?" I question, sitting at my desk and swivelling my chair to face him. 

He sighs "George messaged me, pretty much just after you left school" He said, showing me his phone for proof. I glance to it, not really paying attention to the messages. Why would George call me a slur, then immediately text Darryl to get me to unblock him. I thought I was doing the right thing? Darryl notices my silence and decides to speak up again "He seemed pretty eager to get me to tell you to unblock him Clay. He just wants to explain" He says, looking down in his lap. "Did he tell you what happened?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. "No he didn't but I could tell George didn't send that text to you. Clay, listen to me. Normally I don't like getting into other peoples business and you know this! You have to believe me when I say you need to unblock George" He finishes. 

I ponder, considering my options. Well actually, there's not many options for me to choose from. Do I keep George blocked or should I unblock him? I sigh before standing up and grabbing my phone. Unlocking my phone, it already opened to Georges contact. I hover over the button hesitantly, before deciding against any negative thoughts I have and pressing the 'unblock' button. Darryl lets out a sigh of relief. 

"I should probably head out now Clay, it's best you speak to him alone" He says, giving me a short but sweet hug before he makes his exit. I nervously run my hand through my hair as Georges messages flood in. I see a mix of "Im sorry's" or "let me explain" and "I promise everything will be okay". One message stands out to me.

George 1:23pm - I love you Clay.

My eyes widen as I re-read the message, not believing his words. George loves me. George loves... me? Without even thinking, I text him:

Clay 4:26pm - Hey 

It takes merely a few seconds for him to reply 

George 4:26pm - Oh my god hello 

I smile, already missing the feeling of speaking to him. But still hesitant to talk.

Clay 4:27pm - well what happened?