Chapter eighteen

⚠️self harm and attempt of suicide. Be careful when reading.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Louis' POV

Feelings are confusing. He was confused. His father and the priest said one thing, then Harry and his sisters said another. Was loving who he wants to wrong, or was it not. He felt so conflicted. Does he go with his heart or his head.

He walked home toying with the notion of love and wether or not he would actually ever be able to obtain actual love. He knew his father wanted him to marry a girl, but did he really want that. It was hard to admit it, even to himself but he didn't want to marry a girl. He didn't want anything to do with girls at all to be honest.

When he walked into his house it was quiet, almost eerily quiet. He was about to walk upstairs when he saw all of his sisters standing at the banister at the top of the stairs. That was weird they only did that when there were big announcements. They did that when they found out he was going to be sent away to camp last summer. Something was going on, and he knew that he wasn't going to like it.

"Louis come into the living room" his father said.

He walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa across from his father and mother. His mouth felt dry and his hands were clammy, he had no clue what was going on.

"We heard that you are doing well with your prayers" his father said.

He had no clue if his father meant that or he found out about him missing both before school and after school church. He was scared to say the wrong thing and get into to trouble.

"Yeah I've been doing great" he responded hoping that he didn't say the wrong thing.

"Me and your mother are glad that you are doing better with your prayers. We called the camp and asked what we should do to keep you on the right path, and they suggested getting you a girlfriend" his father said.

The words camp and girlfriend in the same sentence made his blood run cold. He was just beginning to think that he wouldn't have to get a girlfriend, but he also knew that that's not how life works.

"Why do I need a girlfriend, I thought I was focusing on school instead of getting a girlfriend" he said trying not to sound too repulsed by the thought of a girlfriend.

"Do you not want a girlfriend" his father questioned.

"No, no it's not that" he said quickly panicking.

"That's great because I got you a girlfriend" his father said.

"You what" he said shocked.

If he had been drinking water he would have spat it in his fathers face when he said that.

"I was talking to the Calders, and they have a lovely daughter that I have set up to be your girlfriend" his father said.

"Eleanor" he said shocked.

"Oh good, you know her. You two will go public tomorrow at school" his father said.

"Do I not have a choice" he asked with tears in his eyes.

"You don't, if you don't want a girlfriend we can send you back to camp, the worse one this time as well" his father said.

"Mother, are you going to let this happen he asked.

"My hands are tied Louis" his mother said.

This betrayal from his mother broke his heart. He didn't think that his mother would ever do this to him. She never stood up. To his father, but he thought that she would object to this.