𝟏𝟏 | 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

⚜️

𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍'𝐒

𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫

𝔚𝔢𝔡𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔡𝔞𝔶, 𝔄𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔩 𝟎𝟗, 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟑

Dearest reader, this author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection. As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance, fire and luster has been unearthed. Her name, unknown to most, yet soon known to all, Miss Marina Thompson. 

This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton... for we all must known what the Queen despises more than anything... Being wrong.

And the drawing room at Bridgerton House currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest king George. 

On the other hand men have been lining down the streets up towards the grand building at the end of the estate, also known as the Carrington's residency. All in hope that they are to woo the prize of the season. However as we all know, Lady Carrington has voiced her opinion on marriage before in the recent past. Is there any chance she could be swayed by the end of Social Season?

It follows that Lady Featherington is to receive what she has always desired: the season's new Incomparable living under her own roof. And although the true Incomparable doesn't live anywhere close, second is good enough when first has never been won before. She must be overjoyed.

______________

Anthony was over protective of his sisters. All of them. When his father died, being the eldest boy, he was now in charge of the household, and so it was his duty to make sure Daphne was married off to the best man in the ton. Although Anthony was sure there was no one that would ever be good enough for his sisters. 

He was up bright and early the day when callers would begin to stop by. Dressed and cleaned long before Daphne had even awoken. He sat in his office during the mean time, wasting the time away. 

As he sat at his desk his mind drifted off towards Adeline. Before he cursed out loud in a hiss, snapping himself out of the dreaming state. He was interested in her. Intrigued. And he found her beautiful. But that was it. 

And so... there be no need to have her constantly on replay in his mind.

With a sigh he stood up and dusted himself off, straightening his coat jacket before making his way to where his sisters and mother were located. 

The door opened for him upon his hasty arrival. He could see from the look on his sisters face, she hadn't expected him to be joining them.

"Anthony!" Daphne spoke with much surprise. "I did not expect to see you here this morning." 

"It is terribly early for you, dearest." His mother agreed.

"I could not sleep for some reason. All the excitement, I presume." He snatched a freshly baked biscuit from the tray on the table, speaking quickly with enthusiasm which was clearly forced. it was true, he was much more energetic than he usual was this early in the morning.

"Am I the first gentleman to arrive?" He looked around the room, making his way to the seats where his mother and Daphne were occupying. They stared down at him in distaste, not wanting him there. "How wonderful!"  Daphne held in her annoyance and sat down beside her oldest brother, flattening the skirt of her blue dress a small sigh escaping her lips.

Anthony waited patiently, sat up straight, for the first gentleman to arrive.

And so one did not too long later.

"And do you have a large family, too, my lord?" Daphne asked the Lord politely, perched on the seat beside him. He was, however, staring awkwardly from Daphne to Anthony, who was staring him down like a hawk hungry for its prey. 

"Is there a problem, Lord Bridgerton?" He bravely asked the Viscount.

"I should think so. You are in my seat." Anthony responded, stood up tall with his hands joined behind his back. The man got up and hesitantly left, awkward and embarrassed with his encounter with the Bridgerton's. 

Anthony thought nothing of it. If they couldn't deal with his over protective nature then they were not fit for his sister.

⚜️

The days went on and as they did less and less callers stopped by at the Bridgerton household. Which made Daphne all the more miserable and annoyed while Anthony rivalled in the enjoyment he had received from his time spent scaring all of the possible suitors off.

"Well, I must be off to my club, then." He told the girls after the last caller left. "Sisters. Mother." He nodded at them all with a graceful smile, leaving the room. 

So this is going to be the new style of how I am going to be writing the rest of this book. If you haven't already noticed, I have added a chapter ( the new chapter seven), so I would advice going back to read it. And also the chapters will be told in different perspectives of the different characters. Mainly Adeline and Anthony obviously. And there has already been a Sebastian chapter.