𝟎𝟕 | 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Perfection.

The Queen's words of truth ran through the mind of Anthony Bridgerton as he gazed down upon the gorgeous brunette. He had quite frankly never seen a girl as beautiful as the one stood before the room of fancy dressed rich families. 
Anthony Bridgerton had fought off the idea of marrying for many years now. He was not one for commitment. There was also the fact that the girls in the ton were far beyond boring and needy for a husband. However, when the doors opened to reveal Sebastian Carrington and his younger sister, Adeline, he could have sworn his felt his heart flutter. He immediately pushed the feeling away, his face forming a stern look.

His sister, Daphne, had been complimented with the words of 'flawless my dear' by the Queen herself. And he had no doubt that Adeline Carrington would receive a compliment similar and so she had.

She was stunning.

At one point he thought his eyes were deceiving him. Surely no one could be graced with so much beauty. It truly was an unfair situation among the other girls in the ton. Or in all of London. Sure he thought the girl he was currently using for sex was pretty. And he did like her honestly. If it weren't for his duties to his family and his status he might have thought he would be married to said girl by now. After all most men at his age were married and set for life with a girl from another rich family. 

But any thoughts of Sienna left his mind. He forgot to blink making his eyes dry up, but his focus couldn't be torn from the Carrington.

She wore a fashionable dress style he had not yet ever seen a lady of the ton wear before. And her hair... some may think her wild curls were a mess and untidy, he however, thought she looked marvellous and carefree. When she turned around to walk out of the room he caught her eyes. Her beautiful, dark brown eyes which had a certain sparkle to them. A look of mischief he detected. As she passed by she sent him a smile which warmed his usually cold heart.

He managed to muster a bow of his head and offered her a small smile in return, hating the new feeling he had been introduced too.

Of course he had seen Adeline Carrington before. She was no Rapunzel locked away in the Carrington manor, but he had never paid attention before. He had heard of her oddity and peculiar behaviour. But for some reason he felt intrigued. She was a sight to behold and she screamed curiosity.

Anthony cleared his throat and looked down, his hands folded together in front of him. Then he remembered Sienna and forced the thoughts of Adeline from his mind. The picture of her radiant smile drifting away.

And was only left with only one thought - he didn't know Adeline Carrington but he had heard about her. About her... affairs. True or not. She was always the talk of gossip, good or bad. And he wasn't about to get himself involved in a relationship, romantically or friendly, that would put unwanted attention onto his family. Not when it was Daphne's time to shine. And not when his sister needed him during this dire time, a time in which she had been looking forward to for years. 

And so, with a last glance towards the double doors which had now closed, he shook his head and stood up tall, chin lifting up, ignoring the curious glance his brother, Benedict, gave him.