Prologue:

Hi, I'm Rei Nobara. I don't like to beat around the bush, so let me skip strait to the point: I don't like people. People are scum of the world who will use you when it's convenient for them and act all nice and friendly, then when they don't need you anymore, they'll discard you away like trash. I should know better than anyone.

I am the wealthiest girl in my town and am in my third year of high school so that makes me a junior. I go to Waterway High but I usually don't go anyway, since I've studied a lot as a kid and was always ahead of my grade.

Would you like me to tell you why I don't like people? It all started on my first day of 3rd grade and a girl came up to me and asked to be my friend. Little did I know what would happen later; she comes up to me, crying, saying "I'm sorry, Rei.... I can't do this anymore.... I can't be your friend... My parents made me be your friend so you might give us money..."

I was ok with that at first, until 2 years later something similar happened: I was in gym class and had the fastest time in running the mile and some girls came up and complimented me for it. They invited me to eat lunch with them, be their friend, all that good stuff. I was hesitant at first, but decided to go ahead and try again. I realized fairly soon after, that, wherever we went, I was the one who payed for everything. I asked them why and they gave a big sigh before saying: "Y'know... We didn't really care about your mile time at all. That's not why we talked to you in the first place; we just needed an excuse to be able to get in good with you. But now, we have everything we could have wanted and don't really need you anymore. So... It was fun! Please don't think it's ok to talk to us anymore!"

One more time finally made me the way I am today: a good-looking, rich girl bitch. This one is almost the exact same as the last but with a boy who confessed to me on the rooftop in middle school. He just bragged to his friends and borrowed money from me but I didn't really care. It wasn't like I was going to run out. I was just wanting someone to finally want to be my friend for real and like me for me, y'know? I gave him 2 months to prove it to me but he never did. I ended up getting the same speech as the last incident and in the end, I broke up with him. I continued to look for a person after that who truly wanted to be with me for who I was, but never found them. I didn't really like any of the people who tried to be my "friend" anyway but kept trying. It failed, because it was all the same in the end: money, money, money. These people have made me realize that everyone in this world is after their own personal gain and will step on anyone in their way to get or be the best.

I have locked all of my emotions away in a glass case that someone just has to break, though it will be hard. Think you can do it? Go ahead and try, it won't work. I am... Forever... Alone...