Chapter 16

(A/N: KAY DONT BLAME ME FOR THIS LATE UPDATE, BLAME AP ENGLISH AND CHEMISTRY THAT MY DEATH IS NEAR. Check chapter 14 there's a nice surprise for the picture.)

I woke up to my phones alarm, that was set for 7:30a.m. I groaned but got up anyway, surprised to see Barbie boy not here. I looked around for him but shrugged when I couldn't find him. I found a white tank top, and black leggings, quickly shedding my old clothes and putting them on.

I grabbed my phone and checked for any texts from Jack, since he's the reason I have to get up this early. There were none, which meant I could go down to the hotel lobby and get breakfast. I'll probably just get an apple, though.

Sure enough, when I reached the lobby, I got a text from Jack saying he was here to pick me up. I groaned but found the apples and quickly bought one, then leisurely walked out the front doors. I saw Jack in a full suit, waiting, with sunglasses and an ear piece. He looked absolutely ridiculous.

"Morning." I said, biting into my apple. He looked to me and frowned. I frowned further and he looked away, clearing his throat. He sighed and opened the car door and I got in, he followed suit.

"Good morning. You couldn't have even brushed your hair?" He asked and I yawned. If he could pick up on social cues, he'd realize I don't give a shit.

"Tired." I responded, about to fall asleep again. But remembering my apple, I continued to eat that instead.

"Don't fall asleep. It's only about ten minutes from here and I told your boyfriend to be there at 8:30."

"Not my boyfriend yet. I don't think, anyway." I started drifting again, but Jack had other ideas. He forcibly held open my eyelids, making me scream monotonously.

"I swear, you're like a seven year old, but less enthusiastic." He sighed and I laughed, changing my facial expression only ever so slightly, because it's kind of true.

Jack began teaching me the things I'd need to know, such as 'Welcome' and 'What would you like?' and I had them memorized for the most part, until he got to the menu items. I frowned and tried my best, only to fail in the end. He only told me I could say the menu items in English as a specialty to my maid character after I had learned all the drinks. Apparently, every maid here had their own type of service and personalities that worked for them.

Jack later pulled into a parking lot, only a few cars were present at the time, and got out. He made his way over to my side and opened the door for me, offering his hand. I brushed off the hand and started walking towards the café. It was pretty small, but I guess that adds to its charm?

"You could act a bit more like a girl your age, you know." Jack commented, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I could." I responded, throwing my apple core in the trash can outside the café. "But I won't."

"Alright, wait. The girl I'm going to take with me while you sub in for her is named Natsu, after they finish-,"

"K, cool." I responded and pushed open the doors and was immediately greeted by three other maids.

"Welcome, miss." The one in the middle stated. She had shoulder length black hair and brown eyes, that looked warm and kind. She was quite tall, considering she was only about an inch shorter than me. "I'm Aina, it's a pleasure." I was surprised to hear English. Pronounced very well, at that.

"We've been expecting you." The girl to the right added. She was shorter, with long brown hair and hazel eyes. She seemed to be the type that was always calm and collected. "Names Natsu, but you can call me Nat." 'Nat' also spoke in English, so I assumed they at least could understand me if I needed help.