The Beast Awakens

First published on June 26th, 2021

Time: During Wishing Dead

Notes: This is probably the most important difference between my au and the cannon, so pay attention-

Point of View: Stella

Darkness, darkness all round me. 

It envelops me in itself. 

It felt like I was falling and floating at the same time. 

The pain in my right shoulder ebbed away as I drifted deeper into the abyss of unconsciousness. 

I woke to find myself standing in pitch darkness. Confused, I looked around to see if anyone else is with me. As I did so, I felt the presence of a beast.

I whipped myself around. There it is. I see it. It was a hellhound. Despite never seeing one, I instantly recognized it. It is truly...a sight...to be hold.

It mostly resembles an oversized wolf despite its shorter, more blunt snout. Its short, unkept coat was a dark grey with a mottled ash grey pattern down the legs and the belly. Three rows of short spikes protrudes from the grey fur along its spine. A pair of long, curved ibex horns sat on top of its head. Its blazing soul blue eyes burned into mine. 

The beast paced back and forth and growled at me. I took my fighting stance and tried to summon my blades. However, nothing showed up. I tried bringing up my shield. Nothing showed up.

I started to panic. In this weird dreamscape, I have no power and in turn I can't defend myself.

The beast sensed my hesitance and charged at me. I tried to jump out of its way but it quickly swerved around and pounced on me. I struggled under its weight, trying to push its ugly face away. But there was no use, it seized my neck in its jaws and bit down. 

As I felt the sharp canines pierce my neck, I gasped and opened my eyes. 

But it wasn't me who woke up.