Chapter 2

Only one month is left. Then I'll have to board there. Will I be able to get selected? If so what could I say to grandpa? If not, where could I stay?

A vehicle stopped in front of me when I was deep in thoughts.

God, it was grandpa

The shutter of the vehicle was lowered.

He stared at my face.

"I... I am sorry sir"

"Driver, let's go"

Both of us are going to the same home. He is going by the car and I am going by foot.

What will happen today?

He'll beat me again. Will he let me go to the training tomorrow? How can I excuse the company? Before that, how can I answer grandpa?

No one at home cared about me although I was scared. Same as everyday. Even grandpa didn't summon me. I was eavesdropping in the kitchen to the dining table conversation but he didn't mention it.

I think he has forgotten it. But how?

I was lying on my bed thinking about it, then

"Taehyung hyung, shall I come in?"

"Seon, why all of a sudden?"

"Did grandpa see you in the town?"

"Mmm"

"He said that you are skipping school in the dinner table. He thinks that you have quit your education"

"Is that so?"

"Hmm"

Actually hyung, he is happy that you have stopped going to school. But I won't tell you that. You gave up a lot of things for me. You let me be the first each and every time. I'm happy that at least in this case you are before me.

"Tell me. How is practice going? What are you guys doing these days?
Ah I almost forgot...
Can you explain me some math problems? Or are you tired?"

"It's okay. Bring your books. I can't come to your study room. Grandpa will scold me. So you come here"

"Okay boss. I'll come asap"

..................................................................................

"Today is your last audition. Perform well. We select only 7. Keep that in your mind. I wish you all best of luck"

"Thank you sir"

Even though I have seen the performance of my team members, I have never seen the performances of others. Though I was confident when I was with my team, I was a bit nervous when I saw everyone. Only Seokjin is my competition. I'd be happy if he get selected.

I did my performance well. Better than I expected. Seokjin did so too. Judge board also had a good reaction to our performances.

"Okay boys. Results"

"The seven we select today have a long journey ahead. You will have to do many sacrifices as you sign agreements. You'll have to be away from the family for sometime. Actually this is something bigger than you think. To the ones who don't get selected, all I have to tell y'all is your journey doesn't end here. Maybe you can become idols sooner than the ones we select today.

I will be the manager of the seven we select today.

Let's see