Chapter 8

"Jin, can I have your cell phone?"

"Here"

I went to the room and dialed Seon's number.

"Hello"

"Seon"

"Yes, speaking. May I know who this is?"

"Seon, it's me"

"Taehyung hyung?"

"I was going to visit you soon. Why did you call all of a sudden? Is anything wrong? What can I do?"

I wanted to cry aloud, but my tears fell down silently.

"Hyung, are you crying?"

"No I'm not. Listen, they are going to debut us as a band. The agreements will be signed on the day after tomorrow"

"Wow hyung congratulations! I'll tell ahjumma. Give me a second, grandpa is calling me"

"Okay"

"Okay grandpa I'm coming..."

"...hyung"

"Is grandpa alright?"

"Yes hyung"

"Ahjumma?"

"Ahjumma is also alright. I'll tell her that you called. by the way hyung, did you buy a phone?"

"No this is my friend's phone"

"Shall I call tonight, hyung?"

"Okay. Take care"

"Okay hyung. Bye"

I returned Seokjin his phone. Everyone stared at me and then changed the topic.

It was the first good news of the week. The second one came when we were going to dancing practice after vocal training.

"Kim Taehyung"

Mr. Sejin called me from the other end of the corridor. I ran towards him and others followed me.

"When will you treat us?"

"For what sir?"

"The results are out. Don't you know?"

"No. Give me five minutes, sir. I'll quickly go to the college and come back, okay?"

"Ah? Why are you going to the college?" Jin asked.

"To see the result"

"Arrrrr why is he being like this, sir? Check from this" Seokjin gave me his cell phone.

"I don't know how to"

"Wait I'll search for you"

Seokjin searched in the internet. I couldn't peek to his phone because others were all around him.

"No use of peeking Taehyung. I searched already. You have failed. Not even near the cut-off mark"

"Have I really failed? No that's impossible. I am sure I answered well?"

I looked at Mr. Sejin's face in fear. It must be true, he didn't seem to be joking. But still, have I really failed?

"You are Kim Taehyung, right?"

"Yes?"

"And your ID number ends with 2536, right?"

"Yes yes"

"Wait a second! Is 25129272536 your ID number?" Jin asked digit by digit.

"Yes. That's mine"

Not only Jin, Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon, Yoongi who was sleeping a second ago also were staring at me.