Chapter 16

Aspen POV
May 27th Friday 12:34 pm

It was a couple weeks after my phone call with Dr. Marshal and between then and now I called her to apologize.

She told me that it was no problem because she understood why I had acted that way but told me that we should continue therapy.

Today has been an anxiety filled day because I walked into my class late and everyone stared at me which caused my heart to pound throughout the day.

Then in 4th period I accidentally dropped paint on the floor causing a big mess and my teacher started yelling at me so I cleaned it up quickly before going to the bathroom.

As of right now I'm in a bathroom stall suffering through an anxiety attack. My heart is beating so fast I can feel it, I am shaking, head pounding and trying not to cry.

"I'm okay I-I'm okay " I whisper repeatedly.

I hear the door to the bathroom open and I try to calm my breathing until I hear Kades voice.

"Aspen I'm here." she said.

I got the courage to leave the stall and she hugged me tight not saying anything just humming while I just listen to her heartbeat.

It takes about 35 minutes before I am able to breath normally and I don't feel shaky or dizzy so I get up and wash my face.

"I'm sorry you missed lunch again because of me." I said.

I had my head down and when I looked up Kades wasn't mad like I expected her to be she looked sad.

"Boo it's fine I bought lunch today we have 20 minutes left we can eat in English class." she told me.

I nodded and we went to English class. Mr. Branden greeted us and Kades waved while I sat down in my seat.

Kades pulled out a turkey and cheese sandwich and gave me the other half, I took it before hesitatingly biting into it and looking back at her.

She smiled at me and I looked away at Mr. Braden he was looking at us and smiling.

"Why are you two here later than usual?" he asked.

"Um long story but I had an anxiety attack and yeah." I told him.

He nodded and made sure that I was okay before he want back to looking over his lesson for today.

20 minutes have ended and it was time for his class. Students piled in and we threw our garbage out before Mr. Braden told us to do the do now.

~ end of the day 3: 00 pm

I walked out of my class heading to my locker putting books in and taking my jacket out.

"We're having a sleepover at Kades and you're coming." someone said.

I turned around to see Victory and Markayla.

"Cool I'll be over Kades house in about an hour I'll let my mom know when I get home." I said.

The two of them nodded and walked away telling me that they will see me soon. I close my locker and walk out the building.

Immediately I put my headphones on listening to music while I am walking home. When I get there I make a beeline to my room.

"Clothes clothes clothes." I muttered.

Since I know that I'll be staying for the next three days I picked out two pairs of jeans, two graphic tees, my school uniform, and three pairs of pj's.