XVIII

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚎 𝚒 𝚐 𝚑 𝚝 𝚎 𝚎 𝚗

𖦹ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑦𖦹

"What's the story?"

Your lips formed a thin line as you heard the awaited question. You knew that question would be asked but that doesn't mean you were ready.

All eyes were on you as they all wait for your side of the story.

Kiyoomi wanted to know. You two haven't had the time to talk about when and where, or how and why and so, you now have his full attention.

"Well," you started nervously. "I started liking him when we were still in our first year. I had this headache but I never told anyone because I didn't want to be a bother.

"He stayed back, and he gave me his water bottle. He was really annoyed because my friends didn't noticed the headache. After that, I laughed at how he's being kind and annoyed at the same time.

"I knew him since our first day and I get why other students like him but he made me feel special because I knew that he's a germaphobe and I never really saw him care for anyone. I started to like him and the more I see him, it kind of just grew."

You were mindlessly staring at your food as you told the story. As you remembered that moments, you smiled. You will never forget that moment. That moment was beautiful.

As you look up, you were taken aback since everybody was looking at you.

"Oh, uhm, that's how I liked him..." you trailed off reluctantly. You really didn't know how to end that story.

"Waah!" His mother gushed. "Kiyoomi, you really did that?"

"That was... wow, he didn't even tell me that!" Komori shared.

You glanced at his father and you could swear that you saw a smile on his face but it was gone quickly.

How is Kiyoomi?

He's as red as his mother's lipstick.
"Good job, past self," he thought.

You smiled at all their comments of how sweet it is.

"You, what's your side?" His mother asked.

"School trip later school year. She was just being herself."

Komori's and Yuriko's face immediately fell. The difference in story telling was so big that they somehow felt betrayed.

However, you were ecstatic. "You like me from last school year too? That's amazing!"

Yuriko leaned in to whisper to Komori, "Is she, like, immune to him?"

"Somehow, auntie."

"Are you sure having a girlfriend isn't going to distract you, Kiyoomi?"

The excited atmosphere was shattered with his father's statement. The deliverance was so straightforward and cold.

Everyone, especially Kiyoomi, were shocked with that.

"What do you mean?" Kiyoomi asked. He stared at his father and his father stared back at him. Dark black eyes with growing intensity clashed.

Again, however, you were ecstatic.

The thing his mother said to you earlier was basis of why you think that that is actually a sweet statement. You figured that he knew Kiyoomi loves volleyball and having a girlfriend have good chances that it will distract him. He probably didn't want Kiyoomi to regret either because of losing one or if all goes wrong, both.