XXIII

○○○○○

●○○○○

●●○○○

●●●○○

●●●●○

●●●●●

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚝 𝚑 𝚛 𝚎 𝚎

᪥ 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑, 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙, 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 ᪥

It has been 5 years since you last saw your boyfriend.

Well, ex would be more precise.

It's 2018 and you're going to turn 22 this year. Same as the famous Sakusa Kiyoomi, your ex.

You watch all of his games and support him silently in any way you can, but there's always that tiny hint of pain everytime you see him.

He's so successful already. Even if you're no longer talking, you are so proud for what he have achieved.

He's playing for MSBY Black Jackals along with the guy, your friend (up to this day) Akaashi, sets for before in high school. And also that bright as a sun guy whom your cousin knew from being in the same team as him in high school.

Sugawara Koushi is your cousin. You two would exchange messages back and forth in high school but one event led you two to see each other more often.

You moved.

It was also the reason you broke up with him. From a sudden decision to breaking up was a lot to take in. Emotions, doubt, and anxiety all mixed, and they don't mix well. This might have pushed you both to make such rushed decisions such as ending a loving relationship, but fate is just really a jerk sometimes.

It was a dark time.

Your mom got an offer to manage the store in Miyagi. The Tokyo branch had two managers, but the newly built one in Miyagi needs one, it'll be a huge change.

A change your mom didn't want. She was about to say 'no' but you talked her into saying 'yes'.

Why?

The house you're living in has been your home ever since before your parents broke up. You knew your mother wanted to move but couldn't. This was a chance. A chance to escape the house full of memories from a time in the past you were still complete.

She didn't want to break you up. You didn't too. You offered to have a long distance relationship. But Kiyoomi was furious.

He knew of the whole thing, he knew your mom didn't want you to move. It was confusing to him, and he didn't want to accept the fact that you were the one who convinced your mom to move.

His negative thoughts plagued him. He didn't think you'd want to move. And a long distance relationship? He's too scared.

You got into a huge fight which ended up with — ironically — a smile.

"It's better if we broke up," he said while looking away.

"Yes, I think that's be the best," you replied with a smile.