XXIV

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚏 𝚘 𝚞 𝚛

㋛︎ 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 ㋛︎

Notes:
• Yesterday or the day before, I think, this book reached the top spot in #haikyuu. Thanks!

• I would like to remind you all again that I have never been in a serious romantic situation so this may seem unrealistic and too dramatic for those who have.

• Was the last chapter really that angsty? I actually though it wasn't hahaha.

"Omi! We won!" yelled Atsumu.

The called man stared at him in the eyes, "Wow, I didn't know."

Atsumu just laughed at his reply, too happy to be bummed out by his sarcasm.

The MSBY Black Jackals just won and they were ecstatic. Bokuto and Hinata were jumping up and down as if they haven't just finished a tiring game.

An hour or so passed by as they were getting ready to go to Atsumu's twin's onigiri shop. It was kind of their go-to place after every game, win or lose.

"Here's your onigiris on the house," Osamu said and set down plates filled with onigiris.

After that, there was a bit of a commotion since Atsumu noticed that the number of people and onigiris doesn't match and Osamu said that he should pay for his own.

As he stared outside, ignoring his teammates, he silently watched strangers pass by the shop. He thought of you.

How are you?

A month or so after you two broke up, he didn't allow himself to think of you. He deleted the photos of you and him together, he blocked you on all social accounts, and he glares at who ever mentioned your name.

It may sound petty but he was hurt. Him knowing that you left earlier than you told him made his pain worse. After a week of what happened in the park, he wanted to talk to you. But he can't do it in other ways other than personal.

A trace of you cannot be seen in your house already.

He was ready to take a gamble. Long distance relationships will be tough but he wanted to try because it was you. You're his wherever you are but he was too late.

That's why he spent the month in a hellish battle between his mind and heart. But he realized that he can't do it anymore. You were gone already.

He started to calm down. The thought of you still brings pain to his heart but gradually, it weakened. And later on, it was no more than a sting of longing.

Now, 5 years passed and he moved on.

At least, that's what he thought.

A week after they celebrated, Kiyoomi went home to his parent's house because his softie of a father had been dropping hints that were as subtle as a gun that he misses him.

He frowned as his dad greeted him with "Oh, I didn't know you were coming."

It was as if his old man didn't text him that their neighbors' cousin's son came home after years of being abroad.

"Where's mom?"

"Sleeping, she had a pretty tough week. She came home in the middle of the night and cleaned the entire house to calm her tense self."