CHAPTER 20

It was nearly summer, William and Aydan were back to being friends and he got to work in an ice cream shop where he had nice co-workers and as an employee benefit he was allowed to eat as much ice cream as he fancied. What was there not to be smile about?

Or, well, what were there not to smile about before Claudia showed up to his apartments door, tears on her cheeks and smudged mascara under her eyes. She didn't just look upset, but also enraged.

''What's wrong?'' Aydan asked immediately and tried to put his hand on Claudia's shoulder, but she shoved it off and stormed in the apartment.

Aydan closed the door and followed her into the spacious living room. Aydan's apartment wasn't white and polished like the houses William and Claudia lived in.

The penthouse had two floors and the upper one was a loft: it had black metallic a spiral staircase and railings, leaving the space open. The walls were rustic, made of red bricks, the ceiling was gabled and the windows were old and huge.

In the loft were Aydan's kind size bed, that had black bedclothes, a dress rack and a desktop. The ground floor had rustic looking brown sofas, a big wooden coffee table, high bookshelves, tv and a small kitchen. It was an impressive looking apartment, even if Aydan wasn't too strict about the cleaning part.

''Do you even want to go with me anymore?'' So, back to the current situation: Claudia was standing in the the living room and stared at Aydan with accusative and hurt glare.

''Well, I, uh..'' Aydan stammered. He was so not prepared for this kind of conversation.

He should have been, but as he had never dated before and had no experience about these kind of do-we-need-to-break-up-or-not fights, he was absolutely dumbfounded.

''Want to know what I think?'' Aydan had never seen Claudia like that. She looked to so angry and upset Aydan was afraid to even ask what she had in mind.

''I think you're in love with William.'' She accused before he got his mouth open.

''What?'' Aydan exclaimed, shocked and not believing what Claudia had just said.

''I said you're in love with William.'' She repeated.

''What? No way. I'm not gay.'' Aydan denied immediately.

''Do you even believe that?'' Claudia cried out, more tears pouring on her cheeks.

''I'm really not. I can't be.'' Aydan insisted, trying to walk closer to Claudia, but she cringed away again.

''Uh-huh. I dare you to try and kiss him. Then you'll see if I'm right or not. If it doesn't make you feel anything at all, then come back to me and I'll admit I was wrong.'' Claudia spat, crossing her arms defiantly.

Kiss William? Really, kiss William?

''You don't mean that.'' Aydan said and looked at Claudia distraughtly. There was no way he was going to do that, absolutely no way.

''I do. Go ahead and try it. Then, and only then, come back and talk to me.'' Claudia said and without further notice she stormed out of the apartment.

Aydan slumped on the sofa, his eyes towards the door that was just slammed shut. Claudia had surely gotten it all wrong, and it would be a horrible idea to kiss William, right?

It would be a horrible, horrible idea — yet he was tempted to do it. Just to see, if Claudia was right or not.

***

After a long deliberation Aydan decided he wasn't going to do it. After all it wasn't just something he could try and do. Not when there were William and their friendship on the line. That wasn't something Aydan was ready to risk, because he had already lost William once. There was no way he was going to do anything idiotic and lose him again.