CHAPTER 24

They slept till noon, and Aydan smiled like an idiot when he opened his eyes and became aware of his hands that were tightly wrapped around William. To his surprise, when he looked up at William's brown eyes, they were open and looking straight at him.

''Morning baby.'' Aydan murmured and his smile spread even wider.

''Baby? I think I really need some time to get used to that.'' William smiled back at him.

''Have you been staring at me for a long time, baby?'' Aydan ignored his protest about the name.

William pondered his answer for a moment, before admitting: ''Mayyybe. But you were snoring, so don't flatter yourself.''

''Oh, really? Am I not the most beautiful guy you've ever had in your bed?'' Aydan teased and rolled over a bit, his arms still around William, lifting him up to lay on top of him. William looked down at Aydan with wide eyes and his cheeks turned red.

''Have you always been this adorable?'' Aydan couldn't help himself. Seeing William flustered like that was way too amusing not to take all the pleasure out of it.

''Have you always been this mushy?'' William retorted back and leaned his head to rest on Aydan's chest.

''Only when I'm with you.'' Aydan murmured.

''Oh gosh, that's even mushier.'' William muttered.

They laid there like that for a good while. The sun was shining through the gauzy curtains and patterned the room with shadows and light spots. Aydan could hear Matthew talking with Sophia quietly in another room, but there was no other sounds to hear.

''I still can't believe you actually like me.'' William wondered then. It was more like he was thinking out loud: ''You know, I've loved you for nearly seven years already. I just kinda always thought there wouldn't be a day you thought that way about me too.''

''So you do love me?'' Aydan asked and this time he wasn't teasing.

''Of course I do.'' William muttered, he was brushing Aydan's fingers and palm with his fingertips.

''Oh, that's a relief.'' Aydan said and used his free hand to lift up William's chin. Then he pressed a soft, prolonged kiss on his lips. William answered the kiss, as leisurely, and made Aydan feel like he was floating two feet in the air.

''I've loved you for some time too.'' Aydan admitted when they drew back from the kiss.

''Yeah, like two days?'' William muttered looking away, but Aydan could hear from his voice he was smiling.

''More like two years.'' Aydan answered.

''What?'' William exclaimed and rose to lean on his elbows, staring at Aydan.

''Yeah. I kind of loved you even before I started dating with Claudia.'' Hearing the name made William's expression darken. She was the thing both of them kept thinking, but wouldn't say aloud, because they didn't dare to ruin the congenial atmosphere.

''Then why did you..?'' William's voice trailed off, but Aydan didn't need to hear rest of the question to know what he meant.

''There were these two guys who talked shit about you, and I think I kind of thought I would protect you by clearing the rumours about us being together.. but in reality I was just protecting myself. I wasn't ready to face my true feelings, and look where that led us.'' He explained.

''Well, I'm laying here with the most beautiful guy that's ever been in my bed.'' William smiled shortly, but then became serious: ''No, but really, I don't blame you for what happened.''