CHAPTER 21

Aydan opened his eyes tardily, slowly looking around. For a moment he was blown away, when he realised he wasn't sleeping next to his beautiful petite girlfriend, but his best friend he had known since he was a kid — and somehow that was so much better. William was sleeping on his side and Aydan was holding him in his embrace.

The tile floor wasn't exactly an ergonomic mattress to sleep on, even with the rug, and Aydan's body was aching. His right arm was numb and tinging, but he wanted to savour the moment just a little bit longer. Aydan buried his head in William's neck, closed his eyes and inhaled his scent.

He could have been terrified, thinking ''What have I done?'' or ''Are we mad?'', but he didn't think so. Besides, madness was relative. If they had gone a little crazy, then Aydan wanted to spend the rest of his life equally out of his mind.

William stirred in his embrace, making Aydan think about that day he had been sitting next to his bed and waiting for the sick patient to wake up from his beauty sleep.

''Did I fall asleep?'' William murmured drowsily.

''You and me both.'' Aydan murmured back softly, planting a kiss on his neck.

''What time is it? I'm starving.'' William said then. He was about to sit up, but ended up wincing and slumping back on a laying position.

''What the heck did you do to me?'' William complained.

''What? What did I do?'' Aydan was immediately alarmed and gaped at his friend.

''It fucking hurts.'' William frowned, looking like a pouting kid.

''Um, sorry. About that..'' Aydan scratched the back of his head. Then he started grinning, to which William answered with a smile. He wasn't angry at least.

''Here's what we're going to do.'' Aydan started, and before William could do or say anything, he lifted him up the same way he had done at the beach house. Then he carried William to one of the divans, carefully putting him down.

''You rest here and I go up to get us some food. Deal?'' Aydan asked then and William laughed, saying: ''Deal.''

Luckily no one was home, so Aydan got the kitchen all to himself. He wasn't naked anymore — now that would have been crazy — but he wasn't ready to meet William's parents or to look them in the eye with clothes on either.

The Davies' fridge was always bulging with food; fresh fruits, veggies, smoothies, eggs, plant milks, fish, juices,.. If it was something you'd consider healthy, it was probably there. Aydan, who had different tastebuds, grimaced when he picked up a bottle of green smoothie and studied its contents.

''I swear your mom's diet has gone too far.'' Aydan announced when he walked back to the pool carrying a tray filled with orange juice, steaming coffee and stuffed bagels.

''Can't say I disagree.'' William grinned and dug in the first bagel. He really is starving, Aydan thought and smiled.

''Don't just stare at me, eat something.'' William mumbled and proceeded with the bread.

''Yes, sir.'' Aydan grinned and as he was equally as hungry, he was soon wolfing down the food as well. It was the best breakfast/dinner/whatever Aydan had had in years.

When Aydan's phone beeped, William's expression darkened. Aydan was certain the same happened to his face as well. Neither of them was ready to go back to the reality. They wanted to stay at the pool and forget there was anyone else living on Earth.

''It's Claudia. I'll have to go see her..'' Aydan started and William looked like he had just hit him right in the face.

''..and tell her we're over.'' Aydan continued unhesitatingly.