Chapter 4

ROBIN

I never picked a call from an unknown number so I let the phone ring several times. It rang three times before I had to put it on silent.

Whoever was calling me wasn't about to give up. I answered the phone reluctantly. My heart was beating wildly against my chest.

"Hello, who's this?"

There was no sound on the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

I shivered as a spike of fear ran down my spine. I hung up the call.

I knew who was doing this. The phone rang again.

This time, I answered it on the first ring, "Gage, I will kill you!"

Flinging the phone onto the couch beside me in frustration I stood up to lock all the windows and doors of the apartment.

The penthouse had security cameras and sensors to notify me if there was a break-in. There was no way anyone would even be able to step foot inside the house.

I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard my phone vibrate. It was face down so I couldn't see who had texted me.

I picked it up to check the screen. Swiping it, I noticed a message from an 'Unknown' number.

89675xxxx: Check your security camera.

Me: How did you get my number?

There was no reply to the text.

On shaky legs, I walked into the room with flat screens that showed me most of every corner of the apartment. There were four screens aligned side by side.

What I saw there on the screen, nearly gave me a coronary. A man stood outside my door. A large man with a muscular built wearing a military hoodie. He was familiar, I had no doubt as to who this was.

My heart sped up as I watched in the grainy video as he knocked on the door and waited.

My cell phone buzzed in my hand. I looked at the screen to see another text popped up.

89675xxxx: Open the door.

I watched shocked as he thumped on the door. I heard the sound in the room loud and clear. When I didn't move from the spot, he knocked again, hard this time. He punched at it, and looking at those powerful biceps, I could tell that he could have no problem breaking the locks.

It was a good thing I'd installed the best ones. He couldn't get in.

He dug his hand in his pockets and fished out something. I walked towards the screen to get a closer look. It was a lock picker.

He'd come prepared.

What would happen to me if he broke into the apartment? A cat and mouse chase perhaps? And why was I shaking uncontrollably if this is something that I'd wanted?

He began working the lock and I watched anxiously as he turned the sharp thing several times before the door unlocked. He gave it a gentle push.

He was going to enter the penthouse.

Dark images filtered my mind. Images of depravity, clothes ripped off, bound, and vile things done to me. Stuff that you could only see on the True Crime side of YouTube.Blurred images that were too gory to be put on the internet.

Apartment rampaged, bloody sheet on the bed, a man raiding the refrigerator for food while my dead body lay beneath the debris of my clothes. Lifeless, eyes vacant, no clothes. He's going to finally dissolve me in the jacuzzi tub with some strong acid. When he's done with his routine, he licked his fingers, the same fingers that were coated with my blood.