Chapter 8

ROBIN

The room was dark but I could make out Gage's large form on the bed, snoring softly, his chest moving in deep, relaxed breaths.

He had to be fallen asleep. The wolf mask was still on. I wondered if I would be punished if I reached out and took it off?

There could be a valid reason why he didn't want to show his face to me. Maybe he was scared that when the games were over, I'd tell the police what he looked like, or he was just plain fucking with me.

That could also be one of his kinks.

I grabbed his arm lightly and placed it on his side, making sure that I didn't make a sound while doing it. He wore nothing other than a pair of boxers. I let my eyes appreciate his sculpted body for a second.

He had broad shoulders, hard muscles, and hands that could choke the life out of you and I guess that should have been my cue to go back to sleep and not test him.

But I never learn. I've always been taking risks in my life, dipping my toes where I shouldn't, and ironically, that was the reason I had landed myself in the bed of a complete lunatic.

It was such a shame that such a gorgeous body belonged to a mad man.

Carefully, I picked up my discarded lacy black shorts from the floor and put them on along with the bralette.

Gage was facing the other side of the room; he made no movement which could mean that he really was sleeping. Realistically speaking, it wasn't like he was a robot who operated on batteries, he had to be exhausted from all the activities we'd taken part in, game or not, his body needed rest.

Slowly, making sure I wasn't making any sound, I tip-toed to the door and opened it. I closed it behind me. I ran across the room to the main entrance of the old house.

I didn't expect the locks to work, but when I turned it, the knob gave away easily but that also made a loud sound. My shoes were placed on the racks which I put on before quickly sprinting out of the door.

The house was situated between wilderness. I'm not even kidding.

The car wasn't even visible.

What should I do?

I ran blindly into the darkness, without a map, without a direction as to where I was going. The thick branches collided against me as I tried to weave through the overgrown grass. He'd chosen a good location, the house was so deep into the forest, no one could come across this place. If I screamed for help, I wasn't going to be rescued.

No matter which direction I turned to, it all appeared the same to me.

After moving around in circles for what felt like hours, I realized that it was of no use. I wasn't going to find the way out of here.

My legs were about to give up, they trembled as I continued to walk in a direction. The woods were never-ending.

And then suddenly, my world started spinning, the ground beneath my feet caved in, falling into a dark pit.

I lay on the muddy floor, staring at the stars at the top. I tried to pull myselfinto a sitting position but couldn't.

"Hello." I called out, my voice was trembling, "Anyone there? Help me!"

My hands and knees were scraped badly, but it was nothing more than a few scratches.

What if none one finds me here? I'd rot in this pit and become a skeleton.

I screamed until I thought my lungs were going to give out.

A face peeked from the top of the pit.

A face that I'd gotten familiar with since the last two days.