two

nathaniel's pov:
a/n: for the beginning of this chapter it's just their conversation but in nate's perspective

"well don't i know it" i say

"ok then well can you and your cancer stick buddy leave, you're kinda in my spot"

hold the fuck up, did i hear her correctly, i stood up and turned around, "i'm sorry did you just call this cigarette my "cancer stick buddy"

ok not gonna lie she's really fucking hot.

"why yes i did, is that a problem mr.."

wait, she doesn't know who i am? ok i'm liking her already.

i chuckled, "cute and it's nathaniel but please for the love of god call me nate"

"ok got it nathaniel, i'm bella by the way"

and of course she calls me nathaniel

"funny, real funny bella"

hmm bella, kind of reminds me of belle from
beauty and the beast. i mean she sure as hell can be a princess.

"why thank you nathaniel i really do try"

i rolled his eyes, "so bella please do enlighten me on how this is your spot"

"well, i come to this spot everyday to just relax and i guess to have some me time"

nice try bella but i think i got you now.

i grinned, "well, i'm gonna have to enlighten you and tell you that i dont see your name here claiming this as 'your spot' "

"uh well you see um," she stuttered, "i'm claiming the spot now" she grinned

is she fucking serious right now?

"seriously?"

"of course i'm being serio-"

she was cut off by the sound of horses and men rushing in our direction. we both looked in that direction.

"fuck" we both mumbled.

i looked at her and then back to the men. i think my parents figured out i ran away again. oh well it was fun while it lasted.

"um yea you can have the spot, i have to go" i hear her say.

"wait bel-"

fuck. whatever i could care less, not like i'm gonna run into her again. i hear a cough behind me. i slowly turn around and see my best friend, aaron davis. the one my parents always send if i ever run away.

"aaron" i grinned

"nathaniel"

i winced, "ouch"

"your parents are pissed and quite frankly i am too"

"and i could care less"

he sighed, "nate you have got to stop doing this, it's been going on for months"

"well what else am i supposed to do aaron, all my life i have been told what to do and now in a month, one month, i'm marrying someone i don't even know to become king"

"i know nate, i kn-"

i chuckled sarcastically, "no, you don't 'know' aaron. you don't understand what it's like to have no control whatsoever in your life"

he sighed, "yea, your right,"

"yea i know i'm right" i mumbled

he rolled his eyes, "as i was saying i'm sorry, ok? anyways who was that you were talking to before i got here?"

huh? oh shit right. wait but was it bethany? no no belle? wait no uh... oh! bella, right.

"oh um just this random girl i ran into"

"uh-huh just this random girl?"

"yea... who did you think it was?" i said confusingly.

"oh you know, maybe it was the girl of your dreams, you know the one who understands you"

i rolled my eyes, "hahaha real funny A. can we just go back to the castle and face my parents?"

"i'm sorry, we? you mean you. they are your parents and this is not my problem. you can face them on your own."

"wow real nice, i thought we were like best friends" i pouted sarcastically.

"yea we are, but i rather not face your parents wrath" he smiled big.

i rolled my eyes. i swear sometimes i question myself why i'm even friends with this idiot.

"oh whatever let's just leave"