nine

isabella's pov:

as said before, me and my lovely step-sister used to be the best of friends until she stabbed me in the back and ignored me. she would lend me her beautiful dresses, i would show her my drawings, we would do each others makeup, gossip about our parents, and stay up late watching disney princess movies. until she stopped talking to me and started to be a total bitch to me.

i was so confused. i remember how i went up to her asking if she wanted to play dolls and she just looked at me and walked away. she kept doing that until i got the message that she was not trying to be my friend. of course i was devastated, but i just accepted it and moved on.

though, after today i'm just confused. first, she hugged me and thanked me and then she basically saved my life today from her own mother. that's something 8 year old rebbeca would do, not 17 year old rebecca. as much as i don't want to, i'm going to have to talk to her.

as i was in the kitchen, washing the dishes and thinking i heard the front door of the house open and close. i turned my head and saw rebecca and elizabeth walk into the kitchen. i made eye contact with rebecca and she turned her head away. i dried my hands and faced them fulling.

"so isabella, tell me what you did after i sent you to the boutique." elizabeth said.

i cleared my throat and looked at her, "i dropped off the design, walked home, cleaned my room, did the dishes, and now i'm talking to you." i smiled.

she squinted her eyes at me, "hmm, i see."

i nodded and looked around the room before looking back at her, "so, what did you do after i left?"

"chasing a ghost i guess" she mumbled.

"sounds fun" i grinned.

elizabeth rolled her eyes, "well, how about you cook something up for rebecca. i bet she's hungry after her date." she smiled before walking away and dragging rebecca with her.

i was frozen in my spot. date. right. rebecca and nate went on a date. i felt sick. i have no idea why. i mean i don't even know the guy. it's not like i should be jealous. all he does is make me smile and nervous and i should shut up. i can not be thinking about him.

i shook my head and grabbed an already made salad from the fridge. i walked to rebecca's room and walked in since the door was already opened. when i walked in i saw her looking at herself in the mirror.

she saw me walked in and turned around to face me, "you can just leave it on the table."

i nodded and placed the salad on the table. i stood there and looked around her room.

she looked at me weirdly, "what do you want?"

i looked at her, "why did you do it?" i asked her bluntly.

she grew tense, "do what?"

i rolled my eyes, "you know what i'm talking about."

she sighed and sat on the edge of her bed, "i felt bad."

i sat next to her, "what do you mean?"

she shrugged, "i felt like i owned you one."

"for what?"

"for everything i did to you."

it grew silent until she spoke up again, "listen you don't have to forgive me for all the years that i have ignored you and acted like a total bitch to you. but i just really need a friend right now and i just miss my sister."

i turned to look at her with tears in my eyes. it meant a lot to me that she was trying to fix things. it also meant a lot to me that she called me her sister, not step-sister, but her actual sister. of course this could just be one whole big plan that she and elizabeth planned to do something to me. however, i was willing to risk it to have my sister back.