six

isabella's pov:

after i told katie i didn't want to talk about what happened, we have just been sitting in silence waiting for this dinner to be over. we've been in silence before but its always a comfortable silence, this was an awkward silence and i hated it. however, knowing katie she will say something that will end the awkward silence.

"so, did you hear about chase atlantic releasing ohmami" and there it is people.

i turned to her and raised an eyebrow, "did i hear about it? that's all we've been talking about for weeks."

she tilted her head, "oh yea true. anyways i just needed something to say to end the god awful silence and that's what i thought of"

i scoffed, "of you thought about chase atlantic"

unfortunately it got quiet again. i turned to look at katie to see her looking at her nails bored out of her mind. i turned back to stare at the wheel. i might as well tell katie what happened. i mean it's not that big of a deal. besides the fact that i lied about being a princess, which is going to shock katie very much.

i sighed and turned to face katie, "we talked about the outsiders at first."

katie turned to me so quickly and looked super excited, "omg did u guys flirt? did he give you his number? omg did you give him your number?!"

"whoa slow down there cowboy. and i don't think we flirted, i mean you know me, i don't even know how to flirt"

"ugh you're right. anyways continue"

i chuckled, "well um i saw how he lost interest in me and whole conversation after he thought i was a chauffeur so um i uh"

"go on spit it out"

"i may have told him that iamaprincessfromitaly" i said quickly

she squinted her eyes, "imma need you to slow that down for me sweetheart"

i sighed, "i told him that i'm a princess from italy."

it was quiet. dead silent. god she's pissed at me, i mean she looks like she's in shock. with her eyes widen and mouth open. and then it closed and opened again then closed and opened again to speak.

"cassia isabella jane hernandez, what do you mean you told him you're a princess."

i winced, god not the government name. i haven't been called cassia since well since my father.

"listen really i can explain-"

"oh yes you will explain"

"he was losing interest i mean he looked bored when he thought i was chauffeur"

"cassia-"

i winched.

she sighed, "sorry. isabella, why are you doing this."

"i don't know katherine. i mean it's not like i'll see him again."

"yea um that's what you said last time."

"yea well i only saw him because you honked the horn"

she chuckled, "oh yea anyways, let's move on. what did he say that made you all upset."

"oh um he just mentioned elizabeth"

"huh?"

"he said how i'm my own person and all that mushy stuff, honestly i moved on i don't care anymore"

"are you sure?"

"yea of course"

i was lying. i never lie to katie but i do when i have to. i know what nate said was true but i can't just run away from all my problems, trust me i tried. i lost all the little privileges i had and had to do some of the most stupidest chores ever for a whole year and that was when i was 13. i don't even want to imagine how worse it would be now since i'm older.